123Next
Back New
View: 716|Reply: 25

Suggestions for next year

[Copy link]
25-11-2019 00:34:43 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Mrs W and I usually go away for two weeks at the beginning of September, just after school holidays finish. For the last 6 years we’ve been to Paphos, Cyprus. Love it there. Good food, safe place, glorious weather (30  degrees).

Next year, we’ve decided we’d like a change of scenery, plus it’s my 50th. Mrs W has told me to think of somewhere I’d like to go, then she can book it sooner rather than later. Trouble is, I don’t know where I fancy going to, so where better to ask than the AV forums, and it’s well educated and well travelled readers.

So, requirements: sunny weather, beeches, things to see/do away from beeches, good food & drink (we’re not big drinkers, but do enjoy a couple), walking distance to restaurants/places (or a short local bus ride), things to see/do in the evening, Safe environment. 7-14 nights. We don’t mind a flight of 7-8 hours, but anything more eats into the holiday a bit too much.

Places I’ve thought about: Dubai, Vegas ( I know, there’s no beech!), Italy, Croatia?

Any thought guys?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:34:44 Mobile | Show all posts
South of France - St Tropez? Italian Riviera?

We’re going to St Tropez in September, again. If you get a place near the beach then there’s bars on the beach and then short distance into the centre.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 00:34:45 Mobile | Show all posts
You should definitely do something special for your 50th! It can be the last landmark birthday whilst still reasonably able bodied!
Do you have a bucket list? Or is there anything you have always wanted to do/see?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:34:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Mauritius is stunning. Fits your bill, I'd say.

Also Costa Rica, but a longer flight. Great for a "special" holiday though. We had a week touring the rain-forest and then a week all-inclusive in  beech resort. But there were places nearby if you wanted to go outside the hotel. Very safe...

A bit close to home, Madeira is great.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:34:46 Mobile | Show all posts
OP might want to finish the last letter of in the thread title

50th.  Nice.

Dubai?   SEA (South East Asia - Thai/Malay).  Nice beaches/friendly people etc etc.   Lot different to Europe though.    Bit more than 7-8 hours too, though, Vegas (one of those gotta see it once places) is 10 hours so why not.

Use magic Report

New York City fits all your requirements.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 00:34:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Italian Riviera sounds nice. I took Mrs W to Venice for her 50th and we loved it there.

On my bucket list are a few places, Australia, New Zealand, Dubai, Japan. These are the type of place I would try and fit into our annual trip to Malaysia (breaks the travelling up a bit too!)

Mauritius does look stunning. Is there much to do outside of the resorts?

Dubai is on the list. We go to Kuala Lumpur & Phuket every February, as my brother in law has lived in KL for the last 20 yrs and has a stunning holiday home in Phuket too. Been to Burma, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Singapore etc.....

Yeh, New York has its appeal, as does Vegas and I won't rule either of them out. Just not overly keen on the Yanks ( i find them loud, rude and annoying!) and I suspect there will be a few there

I guess, ideally, I would like Paphos, but in a different country

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
We went with First Choice, who do loads of different excursions, but our hotel was a 15-minute walk from the local town which was fun to visit and had a weekly market, a few bars & cafe-style restaurants.
We also found the locals very friendly, and it felt very safe. English is widely spoken, but if you have a little French it will help enormously.
The western side is a bit more sheltered so the weather might be a bit kinder - we stayed on the eastern coast (Belle Mare) and it was bit breezy (straight off the Indian Ocean).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:34:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Budget?
Maldives is my honeymoon destination.
Yes, they can be isolated, but it is a different class if holiday. And the sea life is amazing g

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 00:34:47 Mobile | Show all posts
this was going to be my question too...as 5k each is a whole different ball game to 1k each...

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部