View: 381|Reply: 2

Car hire collect in Germany drop off in Italy

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:40:22 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all, I'm looking at hiring a car in Munich next summer (a 7 seater) and driving to somewhere in Italy and flying home from there.

My original Idea was to fly into Munich and spend a few days then move on using the trains to end up in Italy eventually and spend the final week in a villa with a pool and then fly home from the nearest airport with a direct connection to Edinburgh. Having looked into this the idea seems sound until you work out how to get to the villa and then to shops etc without a car, I can't find any villas the fit the bill in cities or towns without spending tens of thousands of pounds so we have to go more rural which necessitates a car sadly.

i guess we could stick to trains until Italy but the cost of hiring a 7 seater in Germany seems much cheaper then Italy, so do any of you fine folk have any suggestions as to who to book a car with that don't charge a huge premium to drop off in another country?

also if anyone has done a trip like this what other things will we have to budget for? tunnel, town and motorway tarrifs?

or on the off chance you know of a nice villa in Italy with 5 bedrooms and no need for a car and close to a train station  for a reasonable price then all the better.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:40:23 Mobile | Show all posts
None. Even in the UK, picking up and dropping off in a different city adds a premium.
If you do find one please share.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 00:40:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Not found bugger all tbh, Sixt make a big thing about road trips and one way hire but the hire for a 7 seater still went from about £500 to £1200 for 2 weeks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部