View: 323|Reply: 1

Lap land

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:42:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
HI there, its ben a tough year so far and i want to end on a high. I am thinking of booking a 4night/ 5 day trip to lap land through "Santa clause trips"

We have looked at a few packages.... the "snow is falling" seems the best value but in truth i am conceded re the time on on the husky ledge, reindeer sledge and snow mobile.

Has anyone been, ideally with the company?

Can anyone give advice on the best way to book and what to do and what not to do?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:42:12 Mobile | Show all posts
I went 10 / 12 years ago when there was a last minute deal. From memory it was with Inghams, was for 7 nights full board at Saariselkä which is the most northerly resort. Excursions were included and we did something every day.
Meeting Santa was absolutely magical, they take you out by coach to the middle of the woods and each child goes up individually via a candle lit path through the woods to a log cabin with reindeer tied up outside. The "real"Santa is inside in front of a roaring fire, he looks and sounds the part..  My Son talked about it for years. Husky ride is unbelievable, they just run even with the brakes on going nowhere. Reindeer ride is very sedate. Skidoo trip very very cold. Northern lights come out well in pictures but hard to see, even out in middle of no where. Remember it is only light for a short period each day and this is a dusky dim sort of light, most of the day you are in darkness. The food is mainly reindeer based (or was) and tends to be served luke warm, usually a buffet.

i'd say 4 nights / 5 days would be enough time, its too cold to be trudging around all day so you do the trip and come back and chill. Make sure hotel has a pool for kids, we swam every day and without that it may have got a bit boring late afternoon.
For me it really was a once in a lifetime experience, I've got three kids now and no way I could afford to take them now, I've never seen anything like the sort of deal i got that year !
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部