123Next
Back New
View: 907|Reply: 28

Joe Abercrombie

[Copy link]
25-11-2019 04:27:45 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
His new book is due in Jan, but a few proofs are popping up now. So which one of you buggers just outbid me for a signed version on eBay?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:27:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Hope this is better than his last effort
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:27:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Picked up my copy of The Heroes last night, met the man (for the second time) and listened to him read a passage from his book.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:27:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Damn, wish I'd known you were going   Did you get it signed and lined?

Out of curiosity, is he as arrogant in person as he appears?  Can't stand him on facebook, completely up himself.

My order from amazon arrived yesterday, was really surprised to get a brand new hardback for £6   Really hope it's better than Best Served Cold, which I gave up on.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:27:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Of course!

"..back to the mud..." is what is on this one, which is what I asked for.

I have all the books in 1st Hardback editions, and all are signed, I think the last one is not lined though.

I think the second one is tagged with a line that is relevant to the book title, while the first is a quote from Glokta, something like "Why do they do this? Why? Why?"

I dont think he is up his own arse, admitidly, I dont do facebook, but thought he was quite amusing when I have dipped in and read his webblog.

Joe Abercrombie | News

He read a passage, then answered a few questions - this is supposed to be a book of a series of four? There is possibly a cowboy (ish) type theme* or characters in one of them, Glokta may be back soon, and then the other questsion related to editing and how long a book takes him (aprox 18 months)

The tour continues around the country over the next week - this was at Forbidden Planet in London, and yes, I did get a t-shirt

Ooooh, Tour, Interview | Joe Abercrombie

* I asked him had he read the Shannow books by David Gemmell, he said he had not but may take a look.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:27:49 Mobile | Show all posts
Oh, and if anyone wants a signed copy, FP are selling them:

Heroes (Hardcover) @ Forbidden Planet

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:27:49 Mobile | Show all posts
Waterstones have them Half Price, and also, the Waterstones edition has a short story in it! I may have to pick it up for the completest in me...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:27:49 Mobile | Show all posts
If anyone hasn't read the Shannow books they need to get them read asap, some of Gemmells best work there imo.

I think he is at the sfx weekender next week so hopefully mine turns up before i leave for it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:27:50 Mobile | Show all posts
I met Joe at the SFX weekender and he did a really good Q&A and read a passage from Heroes, i found him to be very friendly with a nice dry sense of humour.

He just made it on the best sellers list in the times i think on sat and so he signed my heroes with (best selling author).  

He is also the first British fantasy author since Gemmell to make it onto some writers list, i forget the name, and he was pleased with the comparison.

I haven't read his stuff yet but i will start asap and then try his friend Tom LLoyd that he mentioned is similar in vein to Gemmell also.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:27:51 Mobile | Show all posts
I've been trying to get into "The Blade Itself", but am finding it hard. Someone tell me it improves...and what is the overall story about?

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部