View: 385|Reply: 4

Ebook background

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:32:35 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all, I've looked around for the answer for ages without success so I thought I should ask here. I find reading ebooks on my ipad uncomfortable as I hate reading stories on white backgrounds, black backgrounds, that off white/cream background, reduced the brightness etc..just
hate them all. So..and this seems like the most obvious thing in the world to me...is there a way to have a background that actually looks like paper???

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:32:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Reading books on the iPad was simply not for me, but I think you will find its more down to the ink and brightness rather than any wallpaper option. Is buying a Kindle an option? You wont regret it, even picking up an original one second hand.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:32:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes I was the same. I swore blind that I would never cross over to the to the tablet side for reading but that all changed when I got my first iPad a few years ago and DL'd the Kindle app. I love the feel of flicking a page but, I simply could not go back to reading and carting books round any more. I have well over 1000 books on my iPad now from when I started DL'ing them and it's just marvellous to be able to go into any book that I want to read. I do still read the odd physical book (that can't be downloaded or isn't practical to read downloaded) but, I generally only buy them to collect now.

If the background is a pain, there isn't a great deal you can do other than what has been suggested. I find if I'm in bed, I turn the brightness down to minimum and that really helps against the glare and strain. You can also change the background of the page and the fonts which helps. Like Theydon has said though, reading on a glossy tab isn't for everyone and you'd be perhaps better served with a Paperwhite or E-Ink which is just like reading a book and you can read them outside.

My only grip with those is that they are too small. So I went for a E-Ink DX from the States purely so I could read outside.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 04:32:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks both. As I feared then . I've tried reading books on my iPad but I just find that I can't get into the story because it doesn't feel...right. It feels disconnected to the story in a way that paper doesn't. Probably just what I'm used to tho!

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:32:38 Mobile | Show all posts
I have a few pictures of my bookcases and my book collection on this forum and i like you thought that nothing could replace my hardbacks.

My problem was the travelling and wanting to protect my books and ended up with a book with no cover wrapped in bubble wrap......

Then the kindle came and now am the idiot that buys hardbacks to collect and then again on the kindle which can be chucked about with gay abandon.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部