View: 455|Reply: 2

Digital editions of mags and comics

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:40:01 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Just looking at renewing my subscriptions to my print magazines.

I normally get SFX, HCC and Custom PC.
All three offer digital editions but with massive price difference in their packages.

Best is HCC which is an online archive which I presume you can only view while an active subscriber.

Custom PC is an extra 50p per issue but only on ipad/iphone.

SFX though seems to take the ****, an extra £23.33 for a zinio digital which fair enough you can view on any system but come on.

To rub it in on the same site you can subscribe to T3 print and digital for £10.99 a quarter. Why is it so different just because its more popular?

I've not looked into many digital comic the proper way but I have a large stack of marvel now comics which include a download code so when I get my tablet I will give them a go. $3.99 for an issue which includes the code is the same as DC with combo packs but I don't think DC offer it for all issues and i've never got one yet.

Don't think i would ever give up collecting comics/books in print but maybe mags as they could easy include video footage, web links etc.

What do other people think is a good price for a digital copy on top of a printed issue?

for me free is ok if you loose it when you stop subscribing and 50p if you can keep it for ever, don't think I'd pay more than £1 more though.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:40:01 Mobile | Show all posts
I only buy in the sales of Comixology, never paying more than 69p ea.

No intention of paying more at present, and although I have thought about dropping comics in favour of GN's as GN are being brought out for most titles, that will be a long way off yet, and I will do that before I drop physical comics for digital ones completely.

They would have to make them DRM free I think as well, which impacts upon the ease of piracy versus having to buy comics twice in digital format for Marvel and Comixololy formats.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 04:40:02 Mobile | Show all posts
DRM sucks in all formats but normally ways round it so it all seems pointless to me.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部