12Next
Back New
View: 562|Reply: 14

Daredevil

[Copy link]
25-11-2019 04:42:43 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Again while updating my Wish lists in Amazon, I found another website to give some order in which Graphic Novels go where. I knew for some strange reason the DD GNs reset themselves to vol 1 again despite it being a compilation of DD (vol 3) issues 8x onwards, and this website helped.

Daredevil: The Man Without Fear - Trade Paperbacks/Graphic Novels

For any of you that feel like taking a read of Mr Murdock in action, please look at the mini series of Man without Fear, Daredevil Yellow and Elektra Saga (basically a reprint of the early Frank Miller/Klaus Janson DD scripts that cover Elektra Assassin from Vol 1 issues 169? to around 18x of vol 1, which I have as originals natch )

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:42:44 Mobile | Show all posts
The list author says: "This is the whole Elektra story line.  It is a very good read."

Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:42:45 Mobile | Show all posts
I doubt there will ever be a full listing of Elektra, she has died and been reincarnated so many times now....

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:42:45 Mobile | Show all posts
I know I am quite vocal about my love of the Daredevil series, but just to say the latest Volume is superb. I am slowly catching up with my back issues over Christmas, and just finished 11, with another 9 in my pile to read later this afternoon, but they are just brilliant. Art is top notch, and the two crossovers with Spiderman and Punisher have almost tempted me to pick them up in my monthly deliveries!

Cant rate it enough. Grab it anyway you can, and you wont be disappointed.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:42:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Never read a single Arc! Any decent jumping in point for the contemporary stuff?

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:42:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Bloody hell, where to start - I think Daredevil: Man Without Fear - Miller obviously, and then I will have a think and get back to you.

Looking here for Graphic Novel collections:

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/daredevil-tradepaperbacks-and-graphic-novels.shtml

Daredevil: Man Without Fear
Electra Saga (Collects and combines the Electra/DD from Vol1 with Electra, DD Vol 1 168 -190 ish)
Electra Assassin: Miller/Sinkwietch
DD Born Again
DD Typhoid Mary

They are a good start - I am still picking up some missing isses from Vol 2 mysefl, but have read a lot of the end of Vol 2, but its hard to comment.

Just read it all Its only 600 or so issues overall.

Use magic Report

I am a fickle er, person, and I like my art, and to me, good art can carry a bad story, while bad art ruins a good one. Sadly, Rivero, the lead artist has buggered off and made his own books I think, and so the artist from about 12 onwards is not a patch on him or the one that drew the Punisher crossover.

Not happy Wheres Romita when you need him?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:42:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Theydon can I ask why you like Daredevil so much I haven't read any of the comics. I did see the film though and though it was actually pretty good

Use magic Report

Long rambling post, beware....

He was my first superhero as such I think probably - I actually started reading Groo as my first comic purchases - I wanted a 'proper' comic like all my mates had, but could not be arsed with the X-Men and other superheroes that they were reading at the time.

I had 2000AD, and luckily there was a comic shop at the bottom of the road where my school was, and I went in there one evening and asking for a non superhero comic (circa 1984?) he pointed me towards Groo, and even said if I brought them back in the same condition I could have my money back...

After reading them and ******* myself on the way home on the bus, my collectors impulse kicked in, I grabbed them all over the next year or so. I then picked up some more non super hero comics in the form of Sandman, Strangers in Paradise etc, and by then I was well and truely hooked. I dont know where my first Daredevil came from or even what it was, but I suspect it was part of the Miller run, to then make me pick up practically everything he touched. Daredevil also had that (for monetary reasons) aloneness that meant you did not have to buy 6 issues a month to find out what was going on as most marvel comics did with multiple tie-ins.

I think it still came back to the non super powered superhero thing - Batman and his training and toys, and Daredevil with acrobatics and well empowered sight.

Stuck with him ever since, but I had a massive hiatus of comics that lasted 7  years, then when I came back I had a little more disposable cash, and rediscovered my collectors urges, meaning that my Daredevil wants list gets shorter and shorter as we progress through the years.  

He can hold his own versus Spiderman and Captain America (even just going on Vol 3) and artwork from both Romita's, Miller etc and writers such as Waid have made it a cracking read throughout. Yes it has some filler and crap issues and no I dont own them all nor even read them all yet (my hiatus was around vol 2 issue 50 and I came back at shadowland so missing the block there but read and own around half of it now), as there are some 550? issues, but I am not far off.

Use magic Report

Comixology have a sale of the first 11 episodes of each Vol of Daredevil, along with Daredevil Yellow (a Year One type mini series).

Buy Yellow, as a taster, then unless you want some old retro, go for Vol 3 for light comintment, or Vol 2 to read it all as such.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部