View: 365|Reply: 9

How good will the Kindle lending library be?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:45:58 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
OK, I have thought about becoming a prime customer for a while, but as the annual cost is just a tab too much in my opinion I have never taken the plunge...but having had it as a trial, its really great and convenient and I have always wanted it.

I see Prime customers will be able to borrow from the Kindle lending library from late this month, if you have a Prime membership - it seems you can borrow one book a month, on multiple devices, which sounds good...but does anyone know how good the library will be?  Will it be all the older titles?  Plus, I don't read fiction, and often, in my experience, freebies often tend to be older fiction, even if popular older titles (like Harry Potter)...will there be decent non-fiction stuff I wonder? Will it be worth it?

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:45:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Sounds interesting. How much does it cost to be a prime member?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 04:46:00 Mobile | Show all posts
£49 meaning that all Amazon products are delivered next day. It's a great service but makes you spend more I think. If the books were a decent selection, I reckon it would tip it for me. I seem to get so much from Amazon these days, even some kitchen stuff !

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:46:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Wow. Wish they had a smaller fee just for library rentals.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:46:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Exactly, £50 to borrow 12 books? You could buy them for the roughly the same price...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 04:46:02 Mobile | Show all posts
No, its not just for books.  

As a family of four we tend to use Amazon quite a bit. Tooth brush heads, printed books, gifts for family/friends/kids parties...etc etc. On occasion we will need something in a hurry but, I buy it from the shops as we cant afford to wait, even though Amazon would be cheaper (poor planning I know!)...so this is where prime is a real advantage, as its pretty much guaranteed to arrive next day, even if you order late in the day. Now £49 for this service is a touch too much, but the 12 books maybe just makes it worthwhile deal. £49 for 12 books - NO! Next day delivery on everything you order (sold by Amazon) PLUS 12 books - that sounds interesting....

The question is, will the book selection be decent !

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:46:03 Mobile | Show all posts
But it's only the ability to borrow a book for a month. You don't get to keep it Im guessing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 04:46:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes, thats right...but really, for the most part we only read books once right? OK, there are some you may take a second dip from, but most people read things just once.....

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:46:05 Mobile | Show all posts
True.

I know you can borrow kindle books from some regular libraries. Have you checked that out?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 04:46:06 Mobile | Show all posts
No I havent checked that out but I use this site all the time....

Free Books for Your Kindle | eReaderIQ.co.uk

All free Kindle titles, the links take you directly to Amazon book page - I dont think people realise how much free Kindle material is available on Amazon.  Yes, there is a fair amount of 'rubbish' for free, but there is also a load of great stuff.....I have read some amazing free stuff.  Prices can change wildly from free to £8 (or more) the next day.  

Getting a Kindle was a game changer for me as I never really read that much, but it really encouraged me to take an interest....now im reading via the Kindle and loads of conventional books too.  I refuse to buy a Kindle title thats more expensive then the physical version (Kindle editions are subject to VAT, they keep telling us, but I still think they should be cheaper). Some books dont translate to Kindle well I know, hence to need to chose digital or physical....great to have the choice.  

I really like the preview option and being able to just get a refund for 7 days if it turns out to be something that wasn't what I thought it was...again encourages broad reading.....as there is no risk !

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部