12345Next
Back New
View: 1194|Reply: 47

So what Comics have you bought recently?

[Copy link]
25-11-2019 04:48:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Catching up with some of my missing early 60's Daredevils, so added these to my collection this month.

I would like to buy at least FN (5) rated comics, but the first 20 or so can be a little pricey, so sometimes a reading copy will do until a bargain appears on ebay.

No 8 is a G  (3), while No:30 and 40 are both FN copies.

Edit: Added them to the website instead.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:48:06 Mobile | Show all posts
Supposed to be working, but working on this instead.

Theydon's Comics
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:48:06 Mobile | Show all posts
Used to love going to comic mart's when was at school and college. At one point I had every Batman and detective comic going back to around 1962.

Now though I just decided take up too much room and get them in collected form

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:48:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Everything new I get collected now that I want. I have most of the Daredevils, just missing some of the very early ones, plus a batch around 80 -100 - I think I have from 101 upwards through to around No 50 of Vol 2, when I stopped to get the GN's (which weirdly changed numbering at some point )

.....but these? He is still cheap enough for me to pick up very early editions at cheap prices, compared to a Spiderman, where I would need to be looking at issue 70  to get the prices/grade my spare cash allows me.

Incognito Comics - Stock list

Plus, there is nothing better than the slightly musky smell of a comic that is years older than yourself.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:48:08 Mobile | Show all posts
Thats exactly how i felt.
Love seeng the list of wants decrease with the batman titles

I originally just wanted to get as far back as birth year (1976) but each mart i visited would see me get an earlier and earlier title

Also used to buy those mixed bags of "old" comics that most dealers have as starter packs. Even got some good rare titles that way.

Did have at one point full run of the first lot of teen titans comics. Guess they still in the boxes back at my mums.

Loved the smell and the feel and best of all i loved the ads. X ray specs and sea monkeys

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:48:08 Mobile | Show all posts
I showed an early Daredevil in another thread that had an advert (66? 67?)for a real live monkey....not a spec of plankton like the sea monkey, but one of those ones that wore the hat.

Reading that back sounds very strange, as I doubt a monkey would wear a hat by choice, but you know what I meant. A snip for $19!

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:48:09 Mobile | Show all posts
Can't you pop round to her and take some pics?

I can tell I will start working backwards on Batman issues myself - I will have to check, but I am sure my run goes from around 320ish upwards.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:48:09 Mobile | Show all posts
I will. Next time down there

Should be about ten full size boxes full down there some place

Some ( at the time ) quite rare stuff therr too. Modern day wise have the first few years of spawn in first prints ( which at time where much saught aftet ) along with first prints of star wars dark empire

Hardly any marvel as back then was a dc man. Had all the legends of the dark knight too

Used to get the comic book price guide each year and spend ages with highlighter in it.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:48:09 Mobile | Show all posts

I have a large section of Legends as well, and a few copies of number 1, as well as Shadow of the bat - one still sealed.

I also have Dark Empire, and I went through the 'Bad Girl' phase, with Lady Death, Shi, Dawn and another one who was really violent who's name escapes me. I did trade a load a way though, cashing in on their peak prices for other things. I still have the first few Shi, and some Dawn - Lindsner really can draw a lovely lady......

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:48:10 Mobile | Show all posts
These are on my boy's bedroom wall.  Couple of old Iron Man (#1 is the top left), Spider-Man and New Mutants with the first appearance of Deadpool.

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部