View: 389|Reply: 9

Get Your Comic Collection out for the lads!

[Copy link]
25-11-2019 04:48:30 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Yep another 'out for the lads' thread. I had a little tidy up and clear out and could not think of where to put my ramblings so, thought why not create this type of thread.

Neither of the two comic shops I went to yesterday had any boxes, so I am still stuck with photocopy paper boxes for some of my stuff.

I then spent most of Lewis re-arrnaging and rebagging copmics while updating my notes on my Daredevils, before finding this little gem on my NM Daredevil 158 (First Miller Daredevil):

I have had this for the best part of 20 years, I will have to see if I can find my little card index box that I used to chronicle stuff in to see what I wrote. I think I bought this in Bethnal Green somewhere.....

...I need another 100 boards, and a few boxes, then I will probably throw away some old boxes and then start rebagging.......its like painting the fourth bridge!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:48:31 Mobile | Show all posts
Same here, nearly all mine are Marvel and from the late 70's
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:48:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Most of mine ended up water damaged a few years back (flood), lost between 5 and 6 hundred comics and a number of graphic novels   Fair whack of silver age (mainly early Sgt. Fury and Sgt. Rock) and a bundle of newer stuff.

Current collection is about 15 graphic novels and half a box of regulars.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:48:32 Mobile | Show all posts
A new box on the way home and some divider boards to get rid of some of the photocopy boxes in my first pic.

Use magic Report

I really don't like these comic boxes collectors use, how bland do they look, for such a vibrant media it looks dull. Don't they sell ones decorated with Batman and Spider-Man, so you can put your Hulk comics in the green box with the angry monster on the side. It would help with filing if you could go straight to your Batman comics at a glance without having to work out which ten boxes out of a hundred have your Bats stuff in.

I like how they all seem to be in their own little bags, one things I like about limited edition novels is they come all protected in Mylar brodart protective covers, be great if graphics novels came in those instead of just an easily damaged dj.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:48:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Good point, but I had a hard enough time getting plain boxes over the last few days, let alone ones that are printed. What I have done in the past was to add a A4 sleeve to the front of the box and put an old comic in that to give a visual representation.

'own little bags'? Yep, all of mine are bagged and boarded sah! As mentioned earlier, I even unbagged a load that had got a bit 'wrinkly' - still trying to find a bag that I like that is not a £25 for 50 mylar deriviative though.

Use magic Report

I'll be really lazy here and just list what I have instead, btw I'm always looking for fills, hint hint

BONGO

Futurama
11-16, 20

Simpsons Comics
10-12, 120-127, 139-143

Simpsons Comics And Stories

The Simpsons / Futurama : Crossover Crisis II
1-2

Astro City - Volume 1
1-6

Astro City - Volume 2
1/2, 1-3, 5-22

Astro City - A Visitors Guide

Astro City - Local Heroes
1-5

Astro City Special - Supersonic

Astro City - The Flip Book

Astro City - The Dark Age : Book One
1-4

Astro City - The Dark Age : Book Two

Astro City - The Dark Age : Book Three

Astro City - The Dark Age : Book Four
1-3

Marvel Comics

Earth X
Alternate 0, 0-12, X

Exiles
1-8, 11, 13-100

Paradise X - Prelude : Heralds
1-3

Paradise X
Wizard Special Edition, 0-10, Devils, X, Xen, A

Paradise X -Special - Ragnarok
1-2

Universe X
Wizard Special Edition, 0-12, X, 4, Cap, Spidey, Beasts, Iron Men, Omnibus

Strange Tales
Tales Of Suspense
Tales To Astonish

Tales Of The Marvels - Blockbuster

Tales Of The Marvels - Wonder Years
1-2

The Last Avengers Story
1-2

Marvel Comics - Stephen King

The Stand - Captain Trips
1-5

The Stand - American Nightmares
1-5

The Stand - Soul Survivors
1-5

The Stand - Hardcases
1-5

The Stand - No Man's Land
1-2

The Dark Tower - The Long Road Home
1-5

The Dark Tower - Treachery
1, 3

The Dark Tower - Fall Of Gilead
3-4

The Dark Tower - Battle Of Jericho Hill

The Dark Tower - The Journey Begins

The Dark Tower - The Little Sisters Of Eluria
1-2

The Dark Tower - The Battle Of Tull

DC Comics

Fables
Variant 1, 1-76, 78, 84-91

Fallen Angel
1-9, 15-16

Hellblazer
1, 17-20, 30-31, 35, 41-46, 48-51, 53-55, 58, 63-67, 69-105, 119, 121, 124-125, 180, 184-186, 192-193, 196, 198-216, 234, 239, 251, 253-255, Ann 1

Jack Of Fables
1-32, 34-40, 42-43,

Lucifer
1-6, 14-15, 28-33, 35-38, 40-43, 47-59, 61-65

Papa Midnite

The Horrorist

The Literals
1-2

30 Days Of Night / The X-Files
1-5

The Lone Gunmen

The X-Files
0-41, Ann 1, Ann 2, -2,

The X-Files Digest
1-3

X-Files - Episode Adaptations
Pilot, Deep Throat, Deep Throat B, Conduit, Fire, Beyond The Sea

The X-Files : Ground Zero
1-4

The X-Files - Film

X-Files - Afterflight

Clive Barkers Hellraiser
1-3, 6, 9

Tapping The Vein - Book Two GN
The Yattering And Jack GN
The Age Of Desire HC GN

John Byrnes Next Men
1-18, 23-30

Midnight Nation
B&W 1, 1-12

Rising Stars
Wizard 0, Prelude, Preview, Wizard 1/2, 1/2, 1a, 1b, 1r, Variant 2, 2-12, 12 Monster Issue, 13-24

Rising Stars - Bright
1-3

Rising Stars - Voices Of The Dead
1-6

Rising Stars - Untouchable
1-5

Dead Irons
1-4

Zombie Cop GN

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:48:33 Mobile | Show all posts
I've been a Marvel fan since the early 70s, and although I sold my first collection of US Marvel comics in the early 80s (about 3000 of them, many being mint imports of the day - my first Amazing Spider-man import was 151), I started collecting again in the late 90s. I've complete Silver Age runs of titles like FF, Spider-Man, X-Men, Hulk etc, but still need a few to fill gaps in DD, JIM and Thor.

I've been lucky enough to meet people like Steranko, Colan, trimpe, Ayers, Sinnot, Adams etc at a NY ComicCon, and more recently Stan Lee himself, so on and off, the last 40 years have been quite a blast, and I don't see it stopping anytime soon.

I still have the books I used to list my original comic collection in from the 70s, so that's a nice little piece of personal history to still have. My latest 'catalogue' is just an Excel document on my PC, so doesn't have the little pictures I'd stuck in it like my 70s books have, but it suits its purpose.

I have the FOOM mags that came out in the 70s and they're the ones I got sent through the post from new. I've more recently been picking up the original Marvelmania mags that came out late 60s early 70s prior to FOOM, and they have a lot of the images that FOOM had later. The type face is as if it had come straight out of a typewriter and reminds me of the fanzines I tried to start myself back in the early 70s. Except mine were crap and never left the house.

Storage wise, other than the usual bag and boards (didn't have those when I first started collecting) I quite like using Mill cases. They're a bit like a cross between a large CD case and a CGC slab, and ideal for those special issues. Quite expensive though which is a shame.

I've always though about making some custom fronts for the boxes, because as Cloysterpeteuk says, they're quite bland and boring and don't reveal the exciting contents of the boxes at all. A custom Photoshop of your favourite logo and character image on the front would make the box itself something worth looking at.

Gary

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:48:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Haven't got any pics of my collection as it's basically a load of boxes in a storage room. I do have EVERY single issue of Superman/Action/Man of Steel/Adventures of Superman since the 1986 John Byrne reboot in my collection as well as some Batman/Green Lantern and Spider-man/Hulk comics. Have around 4000 books all bagged and boarded singularly (now that took a LONG time).

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:48:33 Mobile | Show all posts
No piccys, no believey (or something)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部