View: 713|Reply: 8

Comic Bags and Boards

[Copy link]
25-11-2019 04:52:54 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have to make a decision on which bags and boards to use long term for our new store and whilst I have a good idea on what's hot and what's not I'm wondering what your views are.

Do you care which one's are used? Is there a particular brand you are against? A brand you prefer? Would you be willing to pay a few pennies more for a better quality bag and board?

Let's see what you think.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:52:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Doesn't bother me which bags and boards are used, prefer to keep costs down myself.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:52:56 Mobile | Show all posts
I used to use the ones with the gargoyle on the cover, but recently bought 'Max Protection' Comic bags from Orbital Comics, near Leciester Square tube station for £4.99. They are slightly thicker than the gargoyle ones, and give an almost mylar look.

I was happy with these, and will buy more.

Boards, again from Orbital, are 'Comic Concept'.

Both are Silver Age size, regardless of new or old.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
How many mm are they? I thought most were 2mm, then mylar is 4mm?
Perhaps the slightly thicker thing is just a texture based illusion of some sort?

Good price though, I may have to grab some when I'm down there next.

Edit: I use ComiCare bags and boards - they're well priced and quality is just fine.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:52:56 Mobile | Show all posts
This is pretty much what I was expecting from previous research, although there are some who are dead against ComiCare for some reason, I use them myself and can't fault them. Thanks.

Use magic Report

Well I ran out of my Max Protection (Silver Age), then bought some of the yellow striped bags (which are not as good as Max's) then I just bought some Comicare Modern Age sized ones today as FP are doing a bags and board bundle for £11 instead of £13. They are very good - the boards seem really good, and the bags, while not as good as the Max's, are not bad as well.

I think I have finally caught up now with all my unboarded comics, I have tons of bags left over and used all the ones I bought today as they are Modern, rather than the Silver size I temporarily used. Stray Bullets, 100 Bullets, Electra, a couple of Daredevil mini's are all bagged now. :smashing:

I boards I will buy again, at £8 they are better than the ones I bought from Orbital for a tenner, but the Max's are bloody hard to beat, so I think I will either have to hunt down silver age Max's, or just buy modern sized Max's.

Edit: Just realised I have used 250 bags in a month

Use magic Report

Anyone have a store that sells the Max Protection in Silver Age? I cant find any on ebay or Amazon.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:52:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Anyone want to send me bags and boards for 5 comics? I bought some Venom comics from forbbiden planet before i started my subs with EC and they didn't come bagged and boarded.
Don't really want to buy a stack of them as I'll never use them.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:52:57 Mobile | Show all posts
PM me your address and I'll send you some mate

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules