View: 481|Reply: 2

Setting up Yamaha DGX-500 as MIDI via Behringer UMC204HD

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:08:49 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm stumbling my way through getting setup using my new Behringer UMC204HD and have gotten to the point where the MIDI in signal is detected on the audio interface but not the out. Does anyone have any advice or can point me to a better tutorial than those i've found?

Currently I have the MIDI out cable from the keyboard going to the in on the interface and then the out on the interface to the in on the keyboard (that's what I found online, correct me if that's wrong).

I have installed the Behringer drives on my laptop and already recorded directly through line-in. Keyboard recordings sound fine but my guitars sounded bad, but i'll learn about why that is later.

For now I want to focus on using my keyboard as a MIDI controller. I bought the Keyboard a number of years ago so I have no idea exactly how old it is or where to find MIDI drivers for it if required. I found a MIDI driver on Yamaha's site but it is throwing an error saying no device detected.

I'm using Audacity as my DAW and no MIDI controller is being picked up in preferences.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm learning.

edit: Just found out the keyboard is actually from 2002 so potentially this will be an issue with regards to drivers?

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 21:08:50 Mobile | Show all posts
@Worble In Audacity preferences, does the Behringer show as an option for MIDI out?

I have an Edirol interface which shows as an option for MIDI out, (even though I do not have anything connected via MIDI). Also, with regards drivers for the keyboard, you shouldn't need drivers, MIDI technology is around 36 years old and remains unchanged since its introduction. Most keyboards now come complete with USB interface, but I think they all still have a MIDI interface. It may be a case of reading through the manual for the KB to set it up properly with the interface.
Sorry can't be of more help, but there are far more experienced and knowledgeable users than me on here who I am sure will be able to tell you more.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:08:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I got a reply in a Yamaha forum regarding this and it turns out Audacity isn't really a true DAW and lacks a lot of support for certain things, one of them is MIDI support as I would need it.

So i'm going to be looking at another DAW now. Thanks again for your reply.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部