View: 376|Reply: 1

Noob Needs Basic Advice

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:09:02 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Me and the Mrs looking at taking up an instrument just as a hobby so I've picked up a second hand electric guitar off eBay for cheap

Now I have elderly neighbors so a loudspeaker is out of the question, headphones are fine for us and I've bought a little battery powered headphone amp.

Will get a second guitar so we can practice together.

Is it possible to feed 2 guitars into 2 sets of headphones together? I'm sure the answer is yes but how I am unsure, I'm guessing it goes like this:

Guitar 1 & guitar 2 (or electric drums maybe) --> mixer --> headphone amp --> headphone distribution amp

Or does the amp go before the mixer?

Thanks for help!

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 21:09:03 Mobile | Show all posts
If you are playing electric guitar you are best factoring in a cheap used modelling amp for the guitar. I’d suggest a used fender mustang 1 or 2 for around 50-60 quid and then you could use this with a splitter cable for 2 guitars or plug the drums in the aux.

A splitter for headphones would probably work, worth a try and if not buy a cheap headphone amp with 2 outs. Shouldn’t need headphones though as modelling amp will sound fine at tv volumes to get you going.

Get your mrs to learn electronic drums, it’s much easier than guitar to pickup at a basic level both my daughters play and even my wife has considered playing. Drum instructor has more females than males which surprised me. Its more fun having a drummer and a guitarist.

Would go amiss not to mention Rocksmith which is a great tool for learning guitar on consoles/pc/Mac. My daughters often jump on the drums while I’m playing guitar in the game.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部