12Next
Back New
View: 703|Reply: 18

Anyone remember the band 'Apes Pigs & Spacemen'??

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:14:21 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all,

After lending my brother my Apes Pigs & Spacemen album (Transfusion) over 10 years ago, he came round the other day and said "oh, guess what I found when I was having a root through some of my old CDs?".............I'd long wondered where this CD had gone, and seeing as its quite hard to buy the album these days I was most pleased to get it back.

Anyway, upon listening to it this week, boy, had I forgotten how good a band these guys were. If memory serves me well they got well and truly screwed by their record company, so basically made £0.00 from the sales of Transfusion and the subsequent tour. I think this ultimately lead to the band splitting up (or certainly losing members) and the remaining members took the band in a completely different direction.

Anyway, I know they're not the most well known band, so I was just curious if any other AVF'ers had enjoyed their music back in the day (think Transfusion was released 1995).

"A small mixed group of apes scheduled for intensive reconditioning have escaped from their quarters at Ape Management."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:14:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Great band

I only searched for the band on spotify yesterday but unfortunately there not on there. Me and my cousin were really into to these back in the 90's along with The Almighty, Smashing Pumpkins etc.
I used to have the special edition of the Transfusion album, which came in a silver foil type case.

Definitely going to have re-purchase the album from somewhere, would love to listen to the album again.

cheers,
Rick
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:14:23 Mobile | Show all posts
Glad it wasn't just me Rick, thanks for the backup Thought this thread was gonna be heralded as the most inactive thread in AVF history....

I remember my mate having the special edition version (it was long before my current obsession for collectors editions kicked in), and I too would love to get a special edition now.....like finding hen's teeth though

If you like I'll see if I can rip the tracks and host them somewhere for you to get access to them.....my personal faves are 'Safety Net' and 'Regurgitate'; "God's sitting in a railway station, but no-one knows him, because he doesn't have a beard!"

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:14:24 Mobile | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:14:25 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm just glad there are still a few fans left, perhaps we should start a little internet campaign to get them back in the mainstream

I'd love to know where my special edition is, I wouldn't of thrown it out.

Thanks for the upload mate btw,

Rick

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:14:26 Mobile | Show all posts
Yep, I saw them play live once back in the day. Transfusion was a cracking album full of gorgeous riffs and melodies shame it all went tits up

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:14:27 Mobile | Show all posts
No probs mate - did it work OK??

I also saw them live (with my Ltd Edition album owning mate) in some [fairly run down] pub type venue in Stoke-on-Trent....reckon there was no more than 100 people at the gig, but they were just as good live as they were on Transfusion. They were handing out some flyers for the rest of their tour, which I got Paul Miro to sign after the gig.........I've no idea where that got to either

I haven't listened to any of their recent material too much - I have an understanding that its basically a Miro driven project now, with an emphasis on acoustic/folk type music.....I see you can download stuff from the official website, but I wouldn't be that keen on a load of acoustic stuff (as nice as it is in small doses). AP&S are all about rockin' tunes imo

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:14:28 Mobile | Show all posts
Mate they worked a treat, Been rocking out ever since
Really good to hear the music again, brings back some good memories.

I would love to have seen them live, bet your glad you did.

Thanks again,
Rick

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 21:14:29 Mobile | Show all posts
I was just sorting out some clothes to chuck out (and this will show you how often I do that!) and came across a long-sleeve AP&S tshirt which I bought back in the day when they were on tour!

One of my mates was really into this band and I remember one night I spotted they were going to be on James Whale's late night ITV show and recorded it for him - I remember him being pretty pleased with my efforts!

I don't think I ever had the CD (I think I just had a copy on tape as I was poor back then!) so I just looked on Amazon and have bought a 2nd hand copy of the silver digipack version for a few quid!

I'll still be throwing the tshirt out though as it has seen better days!

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 21:14:30 Mobile | Show all posts
I know the thread hasn't been posted in for a while, but I thaught I'd clear up the Apes situation.
The acoustic material that you were talking about is in fact Paul's solo material. Apes were just on a break for a while. But good news for all, a new AP&S album is being made, confirmed by Paul on his website:
Apes, Pigs and Spacemen | Paul Miro

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部