Beginners Music Keyboard Help Please

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:15:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi All,

I am out in the market for a beginners music keyboard. I have very little knowledge in this area and currently learning as I go along in my research.

I play many other musical instruments like the Drums, Guitar, Tumbi, Dhol and Tabla.

I have always wanted to learn how to play the keyboard and would like to know where to start. I have had a look at a few which are:

1. Yamaha PSR E343
2. Yamaha NP31
3. Yamaha NPV60
4. Yamaha YPT220
5. Yamaha P-35

My budget is around the £100 to £300 Mark

I would like for the keys to be weighted and one which has different sounds. An entry level keyboard to which is good enough to perform on stage. Trying to future proof as much as I can this way it will save me buying another one a year or two later.

All help and guidance is very much appreciated
Thanks
J

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 21:15:06 Mobile | Show all posts
At the top end of your budget you will find some great Casios - and the difference between these and the yamahas is chalk and cheese in terms of the keybed itself.

Casio CDP-220R

You'll get much better bang for book going second hand too. Theres not only ebay but also forums like sound on sound etc.

Happy hunting
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:15:06 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you for the input mike.

I can't seem to find much second hand goods. I understand I would strike a bargin finding something second hand but there just seems to be not much at all out there at the moment.

I am not stuck between versatility or clean sound

Yamaha P35
Or
Yamaha NP V80

Only if they made the p35 with the added sounds and melodies the v80 has to offer.

Thanks bud .

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 21:15:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Well there are a couple here

Readers Ads - Keyboards | Pianos

Yamaha MX-61 with Motif sound engine £ 325.00 (haggle) in London

Casio Digital Piano for £ 200 and an old Roland XP10 for £ 80.

The MX1 would be a good buy. Review Here:

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/yamaha-mx61-575510

Good luck !

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:15:09 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks Mike,

What are your thoughts on the Yamaha P35 I understand this is a digital piano with a few regular sounds like organ, strings, electric etc but for what it is allot have said it sounds great.

It will clearly outshine the keyboards and synths for quality sound but it will lack on versatility. This is where the keyboards and synths come in play.

I understand its all down to what I want it for and what music I desire to play/learn. To answer this clearly Id like to learn Jazz, and Soul, RNB and a little bit of everything.

This is a tough choice I must admit.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 21:15:09 Mobile | Show all posts
If you go for the best keybed your hands/muscles will develop better technique. You can always get a couple of software instruments and plug you computer in if you want more sounds at a later date - there are lots available - but you will still have a great feeling keyboard.

When you are learning, keyboards with lots of features can be very distracting - you tend to fiddle about rather than practicing.

I am lucky enough to own a Roland RD700GX top of the line stage piano - and 95% of the time I only use three sounds.

What ever you choose I hope you enjoy it !

Mike

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:15:10 Mobile | Show all posts
Mike... Thank you for the great advice bud.

I too have been questioning myself which sounds am I most going to use. After a good few moments of though I have come to the conclusion that I really don't think I will be using more then 2-3 sounds all of which come accompanied with the Yamaha - P35.

I think I will bank with the Yamaha P35 as it has the full arrangement of keys and which are weighted. The grand piano sound is what I will be using most to learn the songs and tunes I will be interested in.  

The feel, touch and sound all replicates pure class and quality in my opinion. The keyboards I have compared it with although have more sounds and versatility just don't feel great. They just seem built with what seems to be less quality with its feel, touch and sound.

Thanks again Mike.
I will keep you posted on when I go and hunt this thing and also let you know how im getting on with it all.

Any advice and or tips for such a novelist and beginner like me will be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards
J

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:15:11 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi All,

I revisit this topic with much more confidence now than ever before. At the time of research in 2014 I was lucky enough to be given a friends Casio Piano to learn on. With many hours practicing and now being able to play a fluently I am on the bargain hunt for my first digital piano.

The three I am looking at are:

1: Roland F-20 - Now Discontinued (Real wood finish)
2: Roland FP-30 - Replacement from F-20 (Plastic body)
3: Yamaha P-45 - Replacment from P-35 (Plastic Body)

All are in the same price bracket from £450 to £500

I have played all three pianos and I like all three of them. The only advantage I can see is that the FP-30 comes with bluetooth technology which allows users to connect to the Roland sound engine app which in turn allows one to play different sounds.

I am also in love with the look and feel of the F-20 as for me it looks the best out the three. The Yamaha P-45 sounds great but feels easier to play as the key bed seems lighter.

Really need some guidance if anybody can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Reagards
J

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 21:15:12 Mobile | Show all posts
You have listed some great bits of kit - but now it's down to you. An instrument is such a personal preference that your effectively asking which colour shirt to buy ! Its your preference that counts. Which one do you prefer ?

I don't really think there is a bad choice amongst them. Personally - I would probably go Roland as I prefer the sound.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:15:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you for the reply bud. I have come to a point where I am now just going to go with the flow and see how things roll out. I shall sure keep you all posted on my ventures. Although not so exciting this may be but however a very long and dragged out term it has been.
Thanks Again.
J

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部