View: 345|Reply: 4

Music videos

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:19:53 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Just thought I'd ask how people set up a video to accompany their music for YouTube vids, etc? Any useful software tips, ideas?

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 21:19:54 Mobile | Show all posts
I did a couple of videos for someone I used to be friends with a few years ago.
All I did was film some live footage from his gigs(I was also uploading these live songs to YouTube for him), then imported them into iMovie on my Mac and cropped little sections from multiple videos and just made up one of those live montage type videos.
I muted all the sound from the footage and used one of his bands tracks to play over the top.
I also added in a little banner with the band and song name to appear in the first few seconds of the video.

It was nothing spectacular, but it did the job and looked pretty cool.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:19:55 Mobile | Show all posts
I've tried using that type of format but it won't suit the song we've recorded. It needs some different visuals but we're struggling to find something to put it all together. I think we'll end up using iMovie to be honest though!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:19:56 Mobile | Show all posts
What about footage from a movie? If it's not for commercial gain it shouldn't be a problem, done it with this Suspiria video
                                As someone who knows nothing about video editing I found chopping up and syncing video to bars/beats and fading in/out for transitions effective. Pick out strong scenes for when the songs changes (verse/chorus/etc), then worked backwards/forwards from changes and link everything together.

If it's for commercial purposes maybe ask an Indie film maker if you could edit their work and give them credit.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:19:57 Mobile | Show all posts
i tend to use a lot of found super 8 footage to make videos for the music i make. stuff from people's old holiday movies, old war films, things like that. some of my own super 8 footage too. and stuff i've filmed on whatever mobile phone i have at the time. i've been using an old version of sony vegas for years. i'm trying to make the leap to adobe premier but i'm finding it a lot less user friendly.

examples : video

cheers

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部