[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:30:18 Mobile | Show all posts
thanks...tempting
did want to try and see one in the flesh rather than buy blind again
not sure if I want to go black again or the sunburst.

just a bit of trivia....noel Gallagher used one for morning glory days I think

...might help with wonderwall !.........have managed to get all the way through with that one now
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:30:18 Mobile | Show all posts
There's always DSR. Of course that means being extra careful with it for seven working days!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:30:19 Mobile | Show all posts
was tempted with the black version as it was 211 quid....just been on the site and they've both jumped up to £299 same as everywhere else.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:30:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Shame about that. At least it comes with a "free £30 gig-bag" from Andertons.

Steel String Acoustic Guitars | Andertons

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:30:21 Mobile | Show all posts
well after finally getting to a decent guitar shop and trying a few different models ...

posted in the beginners thread a bit about this but though it was worth mentioning in this thread

had a go on the ej-200 ....nice looking guitar ...had the black and sunburst ...(still cant make my up which is the nicer !)...but not a giant leap above my fender sound wise...nicer build quality though.

..had a play on a couple around the 250 -300 quid mark..all nice guitars which I wouldn't say no to...but didn't quite hit the spot for what i was looking for sound quality wise.

after discussing perhaps upping the budget the guy pointed me to a 400 quid taylor GS mini...which to be honest I wouldn't have looked at twice..quite small looking...think it's 3/4 size.

had a play...and ....all I can say is wow !....sounded amazing...every chord sounded spot on...huge sound...actually sounded like it was plugged into an amp...you could really feel the whole sound resonating through he body.
....felt really easy to play too...didn't want to put it down ..and kept going back to it after trying others

bit rich for a beginners guitar ....but for an upgrade...or second guitar....now no 1 on my list for a second.

think the point i'm getting to is as others have said I think it is worth trying to see and feel one in the flesh..as there was quite a difference in sound quality between the laminated and wood finishes.

bit of a double edge sword really as I suppose you can only notice these sort of things once you can play something but even strumming a couple of chords really showed the difference between some models.

for a first guitar...i still think the fender was a good buy for a 100 quid.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 21:30:22 Mobile | Show all posts
After doing a bit of research I discovered that most of the cheaper guitars including, household names like Fender and Gibson/Epiphone are all made in China, but they vary in quality. I went for a Lindo as they get the Chinese to make them to their specification and design and being enthusiasts and a small company they obviously take an interest in the quality. I have been blown away by the one I chose, as being a pensioner I wanted the best value so I went for a sale model. The Black Widow cost me under £80 inc. delivery a case, spare strings, picks, capo, allen key. Here is my pensioner brothers first go on it...                                   . There were a couple of minor cosmetic things, probably why they are on sale but at the end of the day its the action and playability and the sound the thing makes as well as the visual impact (this one is good to look at too).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:30:23 Mobile | Show all posts
another update !
was out on another road trip today

....spent about a hour in another guitar shop..was let loose with my pick and in a nice little sound proofish booth.
no taylor gs mini this time but a crop of different ones in the 300 - 500 quid price range..tried various makes..including freshman ...Ibanez and dean I think...also crafter also one or two others.

again slightly different sounds etc....really like the crafter which surprised me
Review: A new electro-acoustic from guitar makers Crafter! - Music World
made in korea apparently
really nice well made guitar....a lot more solid and heavy compared to others that were a bit more expensive...again like the little taylor was a mahogany one...really nice sound not a million miles away from the taylor I thought but they didn't stock taylor so I couldn't do a direct comparison.

though it looked the part I was quite surprised as I wasn't sure on the make...but for a hundred quid less than the taylor I liked it a lot....plus it's a cutaway electro acoustic so I had a go through an amp ..35 watt... for the first time !

...really enjoyed that    as well as obviously being louder you could tweak the sound a bit and have a bit of reverb and the like....really enjoyed playing 'hey joe' like that !

anyone got any recommendations for a little amp ..especially what price range/make I would be looking at...would be for home use so don't need anything major.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:30:24 Mobile | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:30:25 Mobile | Show all posts
No...... Not yet... Nearly did.. But remembered that the one small guitar shop in my town had one in the window.. Will go and have look tomorrow see how much.

.. . The guy I dealt with today said he'd courier.. There's a new one on the bay for 275 I think.. Feel obliged to spend my money with one of the dealers I've been to... Seems only right

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:30:26 Mobile | Show all posts

Use magic Report

1234567Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register