View: 596|Reply: 3

Guitar - Line in on laptop and listen on headphones?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:32:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
My girlfriend is learning to play electric guitar and has had a VOX AMPlug for Christmas so she can practice and not disturb anyone.
What she wants to do is plug the headphone out into the line in on her laptop and plug her headphones into the laptop headphone socket so she can hear her playing and hear the web site (Guitar Bots) that she is using to help her learn.

Getting the guitar signal into the laptop is fine and when her headphones are plugged into the laptop she can listen to the website. Guitar Bots can also 'hear' her play and she can hear Laptop sounds but she cannot her her guitar sounds.

How can I get it so I can mix the Line In signal (guitar) with the Laptop sounds via the headphone socket?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:32:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Check the line-in playback volume is not turned down (and muted, but if the software can hear the guitar then I doubt it's this).
Right click on your system tray speaker and goto "Playback Devices"> Speakers> Levels> Line In. You should find options for increasing the line-in volume, but some soundcard drivers don't (mine didn't, I had to install 3rd party drivers).

Second thing I'd try would be under "Recording devices"> Line-in properties> Listen.
In the "Playback through this device" dropdown box, try setting it to speakers. You could also try checking the box "Listen to this device". This way causes audio lag for me but it might work fine on your laptop.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:32:08 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks very much for your reply. Sorry I didn't respond sooner only just noticed the reply.
After playing for hours with the record and playback settings came to the conclusion that the audio lag was not helping her.
She is using different software now, so problem gone now.
Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:32:09 Mobile | Show all posts
No probs, glad you found a workaround .

I still have problems playing back/recording my guitar with win7, so I've gone back to winxp for all audio editing/recording, not an ideal solution but it works for me.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部