Author: Bunkerjones

Couple of sensible questions (IMHO)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 22:18:59 Mobile | Show all posts
The ERG are playing games as we all know, so she has appeased the ERG, the DUP and the Remainers.

But the ERG are playing a very different game, it’s more chess that democracy. I’d probably say the same for Remainers.
I disagree with the DUP views totally, but at least they seem to be consistent.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 22:19:00 Mobile | Show all posts
So.... As is the nature of minority Government she is trying to appease everyone and not any specific group?

Use magic Report

I believe I fully answered it on the last post, which explained it is more than just appeasing with the ERGs case.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Who are you, a Wykehamist?!

Use magic Report

She was so desperate to give herself a working majority, she roped in the DUP. She must have been unbelievably short sighted not to see that the Irish border was going to be main contentious issue in the whole Brexit debacle - and she got into bed with a party that had more than just a passing interest in this issue.

The amount of times people say just leave with no deal clearly have no understanding whatsoever of the wider issues or implications of doing this. I find it genuinely frightening that people have such a simplistic view on what is a complex issue.

My only hope is that this shambles of a government eventually realise that the only way to break the deadlock is to put it back into the hands of the electorate, and ask us to choose between her deal and remain.

If it ends up as remain, I'm sure there will be uproar, but quite frankly, I'd rather see this than months and months more of our parliament being crippled by its own ineptitude.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 22:19:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Leave may mean leave but what does leave mean? May's deal gives us soft customs and regulatory alignment.  Is that leave?

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 22:19:01 Mobile | Show all posts
And that is the issue with which remainers keep using to frustrate the process. Leave means leave, simples. don't add anything more to it. That is the starting point and default position.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 22:19:02 Mobile | Show all posts
And that is the problem right there.  Brexiteers are unable or unwilling to set out a vision that carries popular support beyond saying 'just leave'.  Until they do so, we cannot leave.

Use magic Report

How hard is it to understand what leaving means? Did you leave a girlfriend or boyfriend in the past? Or are you one of those continuing to have exes sex and keep on interacting. Have you been a member of a club, and then decided you no longer want to be a member and left.

Leaving can be really easy, it is those who don't want to leave that are making it hard, coming up with all sorts of obstacles, and instead of looking to overcome the obstacles, or just getting them out of the way, they look to make things way more difficult than they have to be.

Use magic Report

That wasn't the question the asked of the electorate, the reasons for people deciding to vote remain or leave are vast. However the result was leave, that's it. Using the example of the home, the Uk decided to leave, open the front door and leave, that's it.
All this vision, all the talking, the deals, the bluster. The problem is there are too many people who's only political purpose is now to the disrupt the process, otherwise they'd have no purpose or relevance whatsoever. Kier Starmer for starters.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部