Labours ongoing anti semitism row

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:11:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Following on from that, this might be of interest:

https://www.quora.com/How-many-Palestinians-have-been-killed-since-the-formation-of-Israel-in-1948

Casualties listed in conflicts since 1950. The Arab - Israeli conflicts comes in at no. 49 with 51,000 casualties.

As I spent many years in East Africa the Uganda casualties (no. 16) during the civil war comes in at 850,000.

...Just to give some additional perspective and info.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:11:37 Mobile | Show all posts
You'd struggle to find a better example of a man's ambition outreaching his talent than Jeremy Corbyn. ('H' from Steps, maybe?)

He's a career politician who's spent most of his adult life hiding behind parliamentary privilege and throwing stones from the sidelines, who now has to answer for many past indiscretions due to his elevated status.

A classic example of 'be careful what you wish for'.

As leader of the opposition he's a relative small-fry, yet still we're hearing his fans screaming 'witch hunt' etc every time another story emerges.

Imagine the spectacle if he ever entered the No.10 Thunderdome!

But, like I said before...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:11:37 Mobile | Show all posts
This is what I don't understand - and it's maybe off point but....   Why is Israel singled out so much with little press around all these other atrocities? (largely Arab on Arab in these cases)  Israel got vilified in the last major fighting but no one seemed to report on Egypt having closed the borders to due to terrorist activity and the impact of that then naturally blowing up on the Israeli side.

The Israeli government do lots of things that people don't agree with, so do ours ( and ours have often been far more sly about things) yet the level of criticising in comparison is hugely disproportionate.

I do not understand how people ( in this case Corbyn) who actively portray themselves as defenders of people and rights will befriend groups or political persuasions who not only use terrorism but with seemingly complete disregard for human rights/life routinely harm women, children, LGBT, alternative faiths, and call for the complete destruction of a race.

You can be critical of Israel's policies and politics - I know many Jewish people that are - but I do not understand why they are taken in such isolation. I can very much see why this is seen as anti-semetic by many Jewish people. It would feel to me like I'm being judged on both another countries government and a completely different set of rules to every other democracy.

I think if push came to shove i'd argue you'd be a far happier person living in Israel than the surrounding Arab countries in terms of your rights.

Go to Israel as someone openly gay then try doing that in the surrounding countries.

It's not even the criticism that's really the issue, it's the poisonous people that they support in response. How even the most vehement of critics of Israel can support the likes of Hezbollah and Hamas without realising what they stand for is beyond me. that would remove any form of credibility in my eyes

It's become reported in a David vs Goliath manner.
We see the abhorrent pictures of a well equipped and trained army on one side and a rabble on the other.
In any context war and resulting death is something every normal human should find repulsive and want to see it stop. but simplifying it in this manner has the opposite effect.
No progress will be made without putting context, background, and history around it. It's easy to portray the powerful as the aggressor. It's easy to deflect your behavior towards your people and project it against the evil beast that lives next door.
Without robust investigation then the snap judgment becomes the default narrative.

I think this largely leads to accusations of anti-semitism and why it is important to stick to an internationally recognised definition so as not to blur the lines and to ensure it's upheld consistently.

Israel and the sourounding areas is an enormously complex issue with added minefield of being a collision point for some of the worlds biggest religious nutters. Nazi comments and the like are just beyond the pale once you've done a modicum of reading about it.

I've tried to do a small bit of reading over the years and haven't even sratched the surface of the tensions and undercurrents at play.
Yet I regularly see comments from people on Facebook etc that are 'experts' from reading a few posts and seeing people in our supposedly left wing parties denouncing a nation and legitimising anti semitic sentiment. This is no different from the right wing elements pushing the anti-muslim agenda btw. Except that I expect it from the right they are normally openly nasty and transparent. It's almost worst from the left as we are seeing often they cannot see the hypocrisy and are pious in defending themselves.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:11:38 Mobile | Show all posts
Good post

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:11:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Latest letter from Mishcon de Reya to the Labour Party on behalf of Margaret Hodge...

Dropbox - Hodge letter 3 Aug 2018.pdf

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:11:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Anti-Semites don't speak for me - Corbyn

Waa
Waa
Waa
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

He may well be a sh*t politician, but if we need to bump start our coal mining industry post-brexit then I think we have found our man.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:11:40 Mobile | Show all posts
He certainly doesnt need anyone else to speak for him, he’s quite adept at expressing his views and beyond any doubt, all by himself....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:11:41 Mobile | Show all posts
So Corbyn has admitted once again that there is a serious problem and he will it root out .. Etc etc..
But ..
Gideon Falter, the chairman of Campaign Against Antisemitism said: "There is no apology for his anti-Semitic activity in the past, but he has hypocritically condemned as anti-Semitic behaviour that he himself has been guilty of."
From Sky News today and Guardian interview
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn vows to root out anti-Semitic 'poison' in his party

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 00:11:41 Mobile | Show all posts
It’s a rehash of what he said before, but with an even more watering down. And rightfully so as previously he lied by saying all cases had been dealt with.

It is pretty clear why they don’t want to adopt those paragraph as not having them clears a number of labour people.

Totally shameful behaviour.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:11:42 Mobile | Show all posts
Do you (or anyone else) have a link to what his past anti-semitic activity is, according to Mr Falter?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部