Author: EarthRod

Jeremy Corbyn - Continuing Saga of the Labour Party Leader

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:46:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Jeremy's win has gained him the biggest mandate I've seen for a party leader.

Changes are afoot which hopefully will bring a positive swing to more social and people orientated politics.

The resignation of many (12?) shadow cabinet ministers highlights how entrenched some senior Labour figures are in the 'Tory-light' policies and forgetting what and who Labour actually stands for.

Incredible victory and an inspiration to many of what can be achieved. UK politics has now become interesting.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 00:46:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Fortunately I dont have that negative vision, one based on a past which is highly unlikely to repeat itself .Given that most people want a decent ,fairer Britain and are totally fed up with what is happening now,Corbyn offers a much better vision

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:46:04 Mobile | Show all posts
I thought M.P's.. voted against assisted suicide .. well the Labour party activists voters have just assured a Tory government for ever and a day.. Congrats , voted Labour ever since my first vote in 83 .. will never ever vote for this tree hugging , apologist for terrorist organisation's .. That leaves me with no party to vote for .. unless out of this mess a New Labour party emerges from this. Because a Corbyn Labour party is the equivalent of the Norwegian Blue Parrot  dead.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:46:05 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm quietly optimistic about Corbyn. I can't seem him winning a general election but I think he'll help to reinvigorate the party.

At the very least he'll make PMQs entertaining!

When Lowell Goddard was appointed the BBC said she should expect to be involved for at least the next five years. So it is possible they could be getting ready to finish up around the time of the next general election. But I doubt it. Feet dragging and political pressure will ensure they're delayed until after any election.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 00:46:06 Mobile | Show all posts
A few losses maybe but plenty of others who will board the Corbyn bus.A major error some Tories  are  making in thinking the Labour party has sunk, instead it will be reborn

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:46:06 Mobile | Show all posts
I think they'll be so busy fighting each other they'll forget who the opposition is.

Which is not a good thing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:46:07 Mobile | Show all posts
This is going to be the first day of a resurgent Liberal party.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:46:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Reborn as what , the Jeremy Corbyn militant tendencies IRA supporting pie in the sky policies tree huggers non electable happy clappy never been to a council estate let alone lived on one middle class Labour party circa Sept 2015 .. will look impressive on any ballot paper , but that's it .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:46:08 Mobile | Show all posts
The first tentative leftward steps to a fairer Britain, now time to show England the better alternative.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:46:09 Mobile | Show all posts
I doubt that very much. The Tories face massive challenges before they even get to 2020. Whatever the result of the EU vote is, it will be a dangerous time for the Tory parties unity. They could very well become as split as they were under John Major.

I think you won't see many U-Turns from Corbyn. He has something Cameron and co lack - Conviction rightly or wrongly depending on where you stand on the issues.  

And so did the Major and Blair Governments, it's what bought about the good Friday Agreement. All done behind closed doors.

If the Tories become cocky and complacent then they risk losing votes to other parties (not necessarily labour) - http://www.conservativehome.com/thecolumnists/2015/07/daniel-hannan-mep-a-corbyn-victory-would-be-bad-for-the-conservatives.html

It's not much of a surprise a lot of them said they wouldn't serve under Corbyn. Looks like Angela Eagle might get the Shadow Chancellor job or it might be Andy Burnham. Dan Jarvis is not going to serve under Corbyn. If things go as badly as the media predict, then Jarvis is free of the Corbyn taint and can then have a shot at the leadership if he decides to go for it.

If that explodes into the scandal it's been threatening to become (full blown constitutional crisis not seen since Cromwell got his war on), then we will likely see a lot of MP's being booted out of Office across the Political spectrum. I would say if it's bad as the allegations indicate then we might well see a General Election before 2020. But until the Police bite the bullet and arrest current MP's and Lords it will remain lurking in the shadows. It will damage the Tory and Labour Parties, in different ways.

I guess 2020 will be Hope vs Tory Pragmatism/ideologicalhardons.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部