Author: BobbyMac

DWP failures and the real life costs

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:08:58 Mobile | Show all posts
I am always suspicious of people who try to deflect from a serious reply by marking the reply as funny.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

I had marked it as funny as at that time his reply was simply no, which I felt didn't help

Cheers

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
You could remove it if it no longer applies.

You could also respond to my reply.

Use magic Report

Agree, have removed it now.

Can't remember everything that was said but when I left the discussion it was something about me only using GDP as that suits my argument, the posts are all there.

Either way I agree Debt to GDP is decreasing and thats the best we can hope for, and in that sense it is shrinking.

I guess what I took issue with is this was basically my view with education funding,  whilst the actual figures hadn't altered it had shrunk relative to GDP, from what I recall you seemed rather dismissive of my posts but I guess that could just be how I have interpreted it.

Apols to anyone else for the thread derailment, appreciate the issues in this thread are serious

cheers

Use magic Report

With the banking collapse then Brexit sadly we have a number of years before public spending recovers.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:08:59 Mobile | Show all posts
They've merely returned spending levels to what they were pre crash. They've not got the debt down which is what they promised to do hence it rising to almost £2 trillion (which it probably is once you add on all the off book debts from previous governments). All they've done is inflicted poverty onto people to make a negligible dent in the UK's finances. It's staving off the Bond Markets anger in the hopes of growth revving up the Economy so that's it not fuelled by consumer debt as it is at the moment. Another crash could be just around the corner and we are in no better shape than we were before 2007.

All that shows is that Growth is marginally ahead of Government debt. If I remember the calculations correctly at the current rate of paying Government debts off, it would take 300 years to clear it.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 01:08:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Whilst I agree that they haven’t reduced the debt. It needs to start with reducing the structural deficit as otherwise you have nothing to reduce the debt with.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 01:09:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Yet as you don’t know what others know, let alone what they don’t know they don’t know, it’s a bit of an presumptuous and empty statement to make.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:09:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Whenever I see a Thread like this, I am reminded of the following quote:

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer as they must".

It was written by Thucydides over 2000 years' ago:

Thucydides - Wikipedia

Nothing's really changed has it, no matter how complicated nor sophisticated we try to make the argument the result is still the same.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:09:01 Mobile | Show all posts
... no, not really at all.

Anyone that has achieved a significant enough level of expertise and understanding in and of any individual discipline, gets an idea of how much they and other human beings have yet to learn, understand or master with regards to even individual aspects of that discipline, let alone the discipline as a whole.

Just as an example, most of us understand basic mathematics, and many of us have a reasonable grasp and competence of more advanced mathematical principles.
However, it takes a considerable amount of study and understanding to reach a point of what is currently known and understood, theoretically possible, unknown and unknowable.

Anyone with a good grasp of computational mathematics and especially cryptography would be well aware of P versus NP, it's implications, the current limitations and how that effects historical, contemporary and potential problems in the future.

In simple terms, even learning most of a book on a subject does not mean that person is capable of knowing or understanding what is not in that book... and especially why.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部