Author: Pacifico

Tory Leadership Election

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:22:49 Mobile | Show all posts
That's your subjective opinion based on your subjective interpretation.

given that:

a) I don't consider being gay or by inference being called gay is a slur by itself.
Since I did not intend the use of someones sexuality as a pejorative. A persons sexuality is not automatically considered a pejorative by a significant amount of people in our enlightened and more liberal society and times, unlike some words and phrases that are universally pejorative.
The question of whether a statement about or that alludes to a person(s) sexuality is therefore pejorative only if there is a reasonably intent on the part of the speaker to use sexuality as a slur.

b) That I have taken an active and consistent stand on supporting and defending gay rights on these forums. Therefore, I have a record that would suggest I am unlikely to consider being gay or considered gay as a negative except from the position of a homophobe.

It is reasonable to assume that I did not write that comment as a slur on peoples sexuality - merely as a slur on people I consider 'turds'.

Grindr is a geo tagging app for Hookups. The sexuality of the users is irrelevant to my comment as my use of 'Grinder' is intended as purely an inference to Hookup app's.
If I had chosen Tinder for example, you could equally apply the misinformed implication that I was calling them all straight.

It would also imply I was specifically stating the gender of the MP's was all male regardless of the actual genders.

However, just for your information - Grindr is no longer an app purely for Gay men.
It includes the gamut of sexual orientations, identifications and genders since it was updated a few years ago.
You can be a straight male, female, transgender, bisexual or gay amongst others.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:22:49 Mobile | Show all posts
No slur was intended, but perhaps not the best choice of phrasing.  Can we leave it there?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部