Author: BobbyMac

Daily Mail WEBSITE Runs Afoul of NewsGuard Fake News Addon

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:28:46 Mobile | Show all posts
So Daily Mail and Mail Online are ‘totally separate’? It depends how you look at it

The Mail, in a mammoth editorial, declares that the Guardian knows that Katie Hopkins “has nothing to do with the Daily Mail, but works for Mail Online – a totally separate entity that has its own publisher, its own readership, different content and a very different world view”. In short, Paul Dacre, titular editor-in-chief of everything around the Kensington atrium, now cedes complete autonomy to hard-driving Mail Online editor Martin Clarke.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Fox News.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I find it rather amusing that some guy can decide one day to set up a company and then declare himself the arbiter of what is true or false - and that people actually pay him to do that.

Who fact checks the fact checkers?..

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:28:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Who fact checks Fox News?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
NewsGuard did. Post 13.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Thanks...

"I find it rather amusing that some guy can decide one day to set up a company and then declare himself the arbiter of what is true or false"

Hence the question, "who fact checks Fox News?" as an example, considering they're used by Trump as his own personal propaganda network. I was responding to Pacifico who appeared to be questioning how someone can set themselves up as a fact checker.  It's a circular argument.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Newsguard has how many people in it? It looks like two in charge?

NewsGuard - Wikipedia

NewsGuard Technologies was founded in 2018 by Steven Brill and L. Gordon Crovitz, who serve as co-CEOs

Steve Brill, a NewsGuard co-founder, said the Mail Online verdict had been reached in a transparent manner. “We spell out fairly clearly in the label exactly how many times we have attempted to contact them.

How is the Mail online site dodgy and not Fox News?

What about The Guardian using an offshore trust while attacking multinationals for tax avoidance?

How about this for fakery?

Godfrey Elfwick.

‘Alt-right’ online poison nearly turned me into a racist | Anonymous

It started with Sam Harris, moved on to Milo Yiannopoulos and almost led to full-scale Islamophobia. If it can happen to a lifelong liberal, it could happen to anyone

The death of Godfrey Elfwick

In November 2016, the Guardian published a comment piece in which the anonymous writer described how he was radicalised into the ‘alt-right’. It started when he watched a few ostensibly harmless videos by the American liberal Sam Harris. From there, he graduated to material of an anti-SJW (Social Justice Warrior) and anti-feminist disposition, before eventually becoming a fan of the dreaded Milo Yiannopoulos. As the writer dramatically put it: ‘The indoctrination was complete.’

Soon after, a well-known Twitter troll called Godfrey Elfwick claimed to be the author. It made complete sense, even though it wasn’t true. Elfwick was a brilliant caricature of the excesses of the liberal-left. He, or rather xe, identified as a ‘genderqueer Muslim atheist’ who was ‘born white in the #WrongSkin’. His ‘transblack’ status began as a satire of Rachel Dolezal, the US civil-rights activist who was born to white parents but identifies as black. ‘I have light skin’, he tweeted, ‘yet I know in my heart I am black and act accordingly’. Elfwick’s #WrongSkin hashtag soon began to trend worldwide on Twitter, fooling many in the process. Even the Mirrorand the BBC published articles which did not rule out the possibility that the campaign might be authentic.

Poe's law - Wikipedia

Poe's law is an adage of Internet culture stating that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers for a sincere expression of the parodied views.[1][2][3] The original statement, by Nathan Poe, read:[1]

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:28:48 Mobile | Show all posts
But why should anyone listen to them? - who designated them as official fact checkers?.

Trump could set up his own 'fact checking' service just like the guy who created NewsGuard did. You could set up your own and then designate anything you disagreed with as fake news - I'm just surprised that they could find someone to pay them for it.

Use magic Report

You'd laugh but there are fact checker checkers, and fact checker checker checkers.

Use magic Report

I'd put Newsguard on the same level as Bellingcat and the white helmets

Edit : lol at our shill

Use magic Report

1234Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部