Author: Rasczak

Welsh Independence

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 01:32:54 Mobile | Show all posts
I wouldn't want Wales to leave.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 01:32:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Neither would I and I live here though we are now paying some of the highest rates in the UK where I live and not really getting the service it is paying for. And they look set to rise. They (assembly) will now have the power to take from income tax and set levels.
Income tax rise for Wales 'not ruled out'
Why this is a big day for Wales and tax

Problem at the moment is we have an Assembly with a great deal of power run by people that could barely run a small rugby club without arguing on the colour of the socks. Rather than look out for us as Wales, it is look out for themselves. The cynical in me thinks "look at these expenses I can claim" and "true blue" or "true red".  A lot of decisions and incidents that get reported in the local news have me thinking "they saw you coming there".

Voting age is going down to 16, a bag of hormones that needs someone on face ache to tell them what colour socks to put on will now have a say in the world. Apparently 3000 or so answered an online questionnaire  and a tad over 1500 thought it was a good idea. Democracy rules.

Where Plaid ever get the idea that they could survive today is the stuff of dreams and nightmares. Dreams for them, nightmares for us in the real world.

And they do not like being renamed a certain name but it fits in my book.
AMs worried about 'looking like muppets'

There will be a point where I think it is too expensive to live here. They are an absolute shower in Cardiff.

And breathe out.

Damn. Just popped a blood vessel.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 01:32:56 Mobile | Show all posts
You are being generous. The men there probably couldn't count to 21 unless they were naked.

Use magic Report

And women.....

We do have a lot of ukip though, Neil wotsisname has found a place here. Rather he didn't but there we are.

Looks like the 16 year old vote will go through, they approved it yesterday. Further debate and votes but I suspect that the nationalists will want it to get a consensus for independence from a crowd of impressionable in the 2021 elections. They are dribbling over the prospect.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I would have said one thing about the cadets and Tommy Robinson is it's a bit unfair one's been sacked as they were all young and probably to young to understand what he was and his politics.

They might have just seen him as a person on Facebook and someone to have a selfie with. Apparently they were politically aware at 16. Old enough to vote, old enough to be hard right wing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Said in jest, because I wouldn’t want it but sometimes after hearing too much from the likes of the SNP and Plaid I do like feeling saying “stuff them”....

What would happen if there was a call for English independence.

My gut feel is that nationalistic parties like Plaid and the SNP like to feel like they are in control but if they were put in a position where what they were asking for was forced upon them, rather than them taking it, they would kick up a right old fuss.

Personally I want the UK to stay together and I know that the SNP and Plaid don’t represent the Scoottish and Welsh people that I know.

Cheers,

Nigel

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
They're too young to understand who Tommy Robinson is but they're old enough to join the army cadets and train for going to war?  I think it's pretty clear who Tommy Robinson is, and his pretty obvious political ideals, even to a 16 year old so it's not really an excuse.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:32:57 Mobile | Show all posts
It's not that clear at all.

16 year olds are much less engaged with politics. It's a big assumption that they must know who he is and what he stands for.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Yet 18 year olds clearly have a sudden wealth of political knowledge and know full who he is, along with all other political parties/ideals?  I get that there needs to be a cutoff for voting age somewhere, but being 16 doesn't mean you don't know anything.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Classic strawman.

Where did I mention 18 year olds suddenly knowing anything?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部