Author: nabby

Why does the West have an increasing anti-semitism issue?

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 01:50:36 Mobile | Show all posts
No it is not a myth at all, which is what you would know if you actually bothered to read the report. From the same report and from the Jewish perspective;

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Further more @springtide, I think it is really important that you understand how these crimes are defined. Let's start by looking at the overall category

Racist and Religious Hate Crime - Prosecution Guidance | The Crown Prosecution Service
And more detailed regarding antisemitism as per the IHRA guidelines

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
If you read the report rather than just one of the pictures then there given theories why there is a disconnect.
But the fact remains, the same groups who "want their country back" are the most anti-semitic.
As I implied before, I think the main issue is the anti foreigner from the likes of UKIP, spreading hate.

Use magic Report

Yet the victims don’t perceive it like that, that is the most important part with these kind of crimes.

And UKIP wasn’t anti foreigner, it was for controlled migration. That is a huge difference.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Which specific groups would those be?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
However people try and apologise for it UKIP was supported by  vehemently racist people with racist views.  The politicians may (big may) be the respectable front of vile emotions and use weasle words to try and come across as making a non racist argument but the ground support they had didn't make subtle differences between immigration targets and racism they were just plain racist.

I was amazed at how many people who I thought were well educated and who were certainly affluent who supported UKIP and/or leave purely with racist arguments.  Its a daming indictment of historical imperialism and lack of diversity/representation across the country.  Of course things are getting better but the old gits have wrecked it for the youth again with their entrenched views.

As to anti semitism, it has clearly existed a very long time and is just another ingrained racism which needs to be stamped out, just as racism based on colour of skin.

I would argue that the extensive catalogue of atrocities against Jews over centuries coupled with the power they have attained makes them better positioned to fight against it leading to more attention to their plight.

As to the Labour party.  One thing is clear, if the papers/media are full of reports that there is ingrained racism them people will believe it and that includes labour supporters.  The real issue here is the extreme difficulty in outsider trying to be balanced on "the middle east issue" without being anti Semitic about it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:50:37 Mobile | Show all posts
The tactics of UKIP was about spreading hate. UKIPs "Breaking Point" poster resembled scenes from the Nazi propaganda video???  Not surprising really considering Farage's interest in neo-Nazi in his school years, but lets not talk about that.

Use magic Report

Funny as I am one of those foreigners they were supposedly so racist against. Yet I did not perceive them as racist towards me at all. Perhaps it is because I am also in favour of controller migration.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I guess that's because (maybe) during Farage's campaigns you were NOT one of those people who was impacted by the increase in hate crimes?

40,000 people have accused the Leave.EU campaign of inciting racial hatred

Figures released by the National Police Chiefs’ Council earlier this month show a 42 per cent spike in race and religious hate crimes during and in the wake of the EU referendum campaign.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:50:39 Mobile | Show all posts
As above, I'd hazard a guess that you don't look like the stereotypical 'immigrant' that the knuckle-dragging neanderthals committing hate crimes have in their narrow minds.  Also, I don't think you live in the same areas (generally lower wealth) where many hate crimes take place.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部