Author: Pacifico

US stops funding UNRWA

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:54:24 Mobile | Show all posts
I appreciate your honesty regarding your ignorance on the subject but the source of the video, does not change the facts.

Of course SWU is pro Israel.

Talking of impartial thats half the problem with UNRWA. They perpetuate the refugee crisis and its in thier interests to avoid a solution.

The definition of a refugee under the UNRWA mandate is also unique. It covers all descendants, without limit, including adopted children, of all males, of those deemed refugees and who lived and worked in the area from June 46 till May 48, less than two years. This helps explain why its caseload has quintupled since 1950.

Unlike UNHCR, UNRWA does not seek to resettle Palestine refugees, but rather provides social services while, in effect, keeping them in perpetual limbo.

Rather than resettle the refugees, they have shamelessly exploited them and their descendants.

And only they will be the losers.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:54:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Ok, so that was in the video too.  My main question is, why? The UN are a global support/relief organisation yet they have this ‘branch’ that’s run entirely uniquely just for Palestinians?

Is it guilt, fraud, open support because of the ongoing lack of a two state solution?  I’m honestly asking the question as it seems odd for such a huge financial entity to be run like that for no reason?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:54:26 Mobile | Show all posts
500,000 live in refugee camps in Gaza, why?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:54:27 Mobile | Show all posts
I'd assume that's because they are unable to live in what they see as their homeland, like all refugees?  How about the other 5 million people registered to the UNRWA?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:54:28 Mobile | Show all posts
But that is thier homeland. The other 5 million?? Have you not read anything above??

It appears that Abbas can live quite comfortably there along with the other multi millionaires and on his and thier behalf i would like to thank you and all others for your generous donations...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Obviously I'm not as knowledgeable on the region as you but the point is the ongoing conflict following the 1948 Israel-Palestine war which led to Palestinians being removed from what is now Israel.  As a result, I would imagine, those Palestinians now contained within the Gaza strip wish to return to their original homeland (as per the original UN resolution - (United Nations General Assembly Resolution 194 - Wikipedia) which is now occupied by Israel following the removal of Palestinian homes.

If those Palestinians don't see the Gaza Strip as their rightful home, they are refugees.

I asked about the other 5 million because you have brought up only the 500,000 refugees living within Gaza and ignored the overwhelmingly larger number of people currently refugees in other countries.

With regards to the nice house, I have no idea if the UN has funded that, do you?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
There was no war in 1948 between Israel and Palestine, this is basic history.

Perhaps you need to read more before commenting?

Are you saying that all of Israel is occupied?

Do you know about the Mandate and what was offered and to whom?

That is Abbas´s palace, hamas are the 2nd or 3rd most wealthiest terror group in the world, Arafat died a multi millionaire/billionaire, living in luxury in Paris, once again thank you for your kind support to the cause....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:54:29 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm sorry, the 1948 Palestine War which included Israel (better?)

1948 Palestine War - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If we're picking up on specific wording, did I say "all of Israel is occupied" or did I say, "those Palestinians now contained within the Gaza Strip wish to return to their original homeland (as per the original UN resolution - (United Nations General Assembly Resolution 194 - Wikipedia) which is now occupied by Israel following the removal of Palestinian homes."

I'm not supporting any cause, I'm responding to the OP and your posts celebrating the US withdrawal of humanitarian support for Palestinian refugees and looking at both sides of the situation.  I appreciate that you choose to only see one side, as is your right, but that doesn't mean that two sides don't exist.

Let's be honest, the only reason Trump has done that, and the removal of Pakistani support, now is to recover some of the $ lost through his ridiculous tax changes (to prevent the US Tax Payer footing the entire bill) and to please his Pro-Israeli supporters by attempting to force the Palestinians to accept any offer put forward in future.  Do you really think he cares about anyone but himself?

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部