View: 355|Reply: 2

Forced marriage and Visas.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:57:59 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Pretty much a parallel situation to this one.

1400 cases child abuse -Rotherham

Once again those in charge reluctant to do anything because of the fear of racism being levied on them so nothing done. Same demographic involved. Generally older men and younger girls again.

UK 'giving visas to husbands of forced marriage victims'

Charities working with victims of forced marriage say they believe the Home Office is "turning a blind eye" to the problem, with fears of being called racist one of the reasons officials failed to properly investigate complaints.

The Times investigation uncovered figures showing the Home Office last year handled 88 cases in which victims wanted to block visas for the men they were made to marry.

The data showed 42 of the visas were still granted despite the attempts to stop them.

Visas for men who force teenagers into marriage

British teenagers are being forced to marry abroad and are raped and impregnated while the Home Office “turns a blind eye” by handing visas to their husbands, The Times has found.

Officials received dozens of reports last year that women wanted to block visas for men they had been made to marry in countries including Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and the United Arab Emirates. In almost half of their cases the visas were approved, records show.

I saw this happen myself once. A woman I know was heading back to Pakistan as a family member was "sick," I asked her several times if she was sure and she was adamant it was. I said, "I bet you'll come back married." She did.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:58:00 Mobile | Show all posts
It just shows how our immigration services are hopelessly misdirected. While allowing this to happen (and one man could marry several times) they will stop qualified doctors and students.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 01:58:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Forced marriage: Women with disabilities raped by visa cheats

Women with learning disabilities are being raped and beaten as the Home Office hands visas to the foreign abusers that they were forced to marry, The Times has found.

The victims include a Muslim woman with “very little comprehension of anything other than simple matters” who was assaulted and made to have sex after marrying a Bangladeshi cousin. The man was issued with a spousal visa to join her in Britain even though officials knew that his wife was severely disabled, court records show.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部