Author: Pacifico

NHS not fit for the 21st century

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 02:15:11 Mobile | Show all posts
I think the point of the article is, "He claimed many patients’ conditions would not have deteriorated if the NHS was better run."
Again, instead of going, right lets listen to what the CQC has to say, the NHS and commentators instead blame the someone or another eg the private sector.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 02:15:12 Mobile | Show all posts
NHS Wales is a worst performer than NHS England.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:15:13 Mobile | Show all posts
I think the whole problem is that we have the NHS, National Health Service.  It is just too big, going from memory I believe it is the largest employer in Western Europe. Germany has a larger population, so must be doing something different.  Perhaps that's something that needs looked at.

I don't pretend to have all the answers, but a debate needs to start.  We have to look at what other countries do.

Off the top of my head I do think there are several things that we must do for starters:

Regionalise the provision of health care, get it into independent organisations that are a manageable size.  This would mean things like different levels of pay for similar jobs in different regions.
Look at countries like Ireland, and how they manage charging to see a GP, or for a visit to casualty.  They have a system where those that can't pay have some kind of card to show this.
Let's look at some positive ways to encourage more people to make personal provision through insurance schemes and companies like BUPA.
No fertility treatment, boob jobs, tummy tucks etc.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:15:14 Mobile | Show all posts
It’s nbeen totally unfit for years and years, trouble is it’s due to so much meddling by incompetent governments, all three parties have been guilty of this, it’s now on its knees.
It doesn’t need any more money, it needs a complete total overhauls and plenty of managers sacked.. it’s an incredibly wastful inefficient organisation.

A fair few years ago now our neighbours son went to UNI and got a degree in Geography or something like that, he got a job running a hospital after........

I would get all the managers, see if they are really needed, get rid of any nurses who think changing bed pans is beneath them, get more sisters in and give them more power like it used to be..

I think we all have opinions are the failings of the NHS, they do one hell of a job, but it needs sorting, and not by the useless government parties that see it as a football more then any premiership footballer does!
When an ambulance via air or land takes you to hospital, it is ALWAYS an NHS one they take you to no matter who you are..

On a personal note I don’t think sex change operations and treatment should be paid for by the NHS for example, that money should be going to better causes.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:15:15 Mobile | Show all posts
The problem is that the likes of JC and the Lib Dems want the people like me to pay more, and the majority of the population to pay no more or less - stirs up the electorate but the maths doesn't stack up.

There are fundementally two issues:

(1) If they attack the top 5% or even all those earning over £27k (18%) there are just not enough people to cover the remaining 95% (or 82%) - so they won't raise enough money unless they make the hikes really big.

(2) I already contribute what I consider a lot - about £29k in income tax and national insurance.  I am just about okay with that but am getting pretty fed up of being told that I need to pay even more to support 82% of the population who are paying very little.  And it is no threat, but I have been thinking of emmigration and any more might push me into a decision.  So rather than get an extra few thousand they will lose £29k - and I suspect that a lot of the main contributers are beginning to think like that.

And this is why I have a problem with immigration.  In 2016 the numbers were

In: 588k
Out: 342k
Net: 246k IN

Now 246k net immigration sounds bad enough but that is not the whole story.  The sad fact is that the 588k IN has a high proportion of low/unskilled people whilst the 342k out has a high proportion skilled people.  In short we are gaining consulers and losing contributers. The problem is just going to spiral out pf control.

Cheers,

Nigel

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:15:16 Mobile | Show all posts
How many of those incoming are not working?  How many of the outgoing are pensioners off to sunnier climes?  Cherry picking the figures is easy.

Show us how GDP is affected by emigration vs immigration and you may have a point.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:15:17 Mobile | Show all posts
I would love the government to break down the demographic of those leaving and those entering the country - but they don't - I wonder why that is.

Maybe they don't know or maybe it doesn't present the picture they want to convey.

However, there have been a number of organisations expressing concern about the UK's brain drain.  Here is one such example based on research done by University College London.

Britain's brightest leaving in brain drain and replaced with low skilled migrants

Cheers,

Nigel

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:15:17 Mobile | Show all posts
And this is the disingenuous nature of the liberal's claim that we live in an "unfair" society, and that the gap between rich and poor is widening. We know that the top 1% of earners pay close on 30% of the overall income tax take.

Meanwhile, the ridiculously high levels of "tax credits" (aka welfare) payments given out mean that very few are making any form of positive contribution to the pot, many working people are in fact net takers once their benefits and childcare (why the bloody hell are we paying for people's childcare?!) are factored in.

What Corbyn and his fanboys don't get is that if they increase tax levels for "high earners", they are going to end up with 50% of naff all, because as you say, people will just walk.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:15:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Hmmmm.....couldn't possibly guess

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:15:19 Mobile | Show all posts
I wish we could swap these low skilled migrants for all our no skilled leachers...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部