Author: Rasczak

Conservative-DUP Deal - £1bn the price for strong and stable government?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:50:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Don't do that, I think he misunderstood your point, that's all.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 02:50:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales already get a higher share of public spending.

I see no reason this differential will stop when we leave the EU.

In the 1980s we had enterprise zones investing in poorer areas too.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:50:46 Mobile | Show all posts
I do actually agree with Corbyn on that one. I haven't read what he exactly said, but I don't that cap should perpetuate. However I do think that there shouldn't be automatic increases either. An increase should be earned, not gained through remaining in employment.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
You want to go back thousands of years? Ok then, yes.
Undoubtedly. Which is why I was also surprised in the run up to the EU referendum how many thought we had to be in the EU to pay our own regions money.
And Comrade Corbyn was promising free student fees to get in power. That wasn't a bribe? So it's OK if it's Corbyn doing the bribing? Labour under Gordon Brown was doing exactly the same thing. Labour under Corbyn would be doing exactly the same thing with the SNP. Is the problem that we are giving the money to a party loyal to the UK and not one trying to leave?

We give money in Foreign Aid. Currently something like £12 billion.
We give money to the EU. Around a £10 billion loss to us. Again also somehow fine.
I was amazed it was only £1 billion.

Use magic Report

As per thread title, it is a good deal. It gives NI an extra billion, which I am sure will help the region. It is not for a political party!
Yes it came about because the government needed support but if it brings about a stable majority government, then surely that is good?
Or would we prefer a lame duck?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
it's hypothetical so not really relevant, besides we  don't know what that "deal" might of involved.We do though know what this one does and whilst I am completely in favour of fiscal transfers which help to develop NI , I think it sets a precedent whereby many other regions in the UK will feel they badly need a billion or two as well.
The tree is  of a Tory making, the same one used to pay for that pointless aircraft carrier.Brown may have ordered it but it is the Government which carried it through when they could have cancelled it.Ditto the palace refurb

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I can see why some think it's a good deal. Much in the same way they thought May was a good PM, the Tory manifesto was really great, the election was a good idea and the Tories ran a brilliant election campaign.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 02:50:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Who?

As one Labour MP said, "the Tories ran the worst election campaign for fifty years and we still lost."

And the manifesto was considered to be bad.

Grant Shapps: 'Our manifesto was appalling' - BBC News

Use magic Report

No Labour Party Members are sulking. Prepared for another election to happen at any time.
In fact it appears the Conservatives are preparing for one - w4mp | The site for everyone working for an MP

Also May apparently qualifies for the Prime Ministerial Pension scheme around the 12th of July, the summer break is apparently going to be longer this time around. So we may see a Conservative Leadership contest happen in the summer. Meanwhile Labour is prepared for another election.

If there is a Tory Leadership campaign, I doubt Boris will win. The Tory Backbenches are restive and resentful.

Not this Labour supporter. The Magic Money Tree answers to the Queen, a point I thought everybody knew. She's constantly having to set the Corgi's on Charles to keep his big ears away from the branches.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Oh gosh no, I preferred Labour's manifesto if I am totally honest. When I listened to it and read it I was like yes please...But then I started to think and realised how unfair and unrealistic it was, and how it was shying away from the difficult decisions. Oh and that little issue of a leader who I really cannot stand...Lots of our friends and neighbours were doubtful of the Conservative manifesto, and not best pleased, but no it was clear and simple that the Labour one was even worse....

I fully agree not the best most for the Conservatives, so despite cheering that you came second by quite some distance, it is really time for some reflection on why the hell you didn't win...

I'm really not happy having to contribute to an extra £1Bn, nor all the wasted time and money on the election. May and her cabinet need to get stuck in and get on with the job in order to get a vote of confidence a second time. And the good news is that by then I should be allowed to vote; yippeee

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部