Author: Steve N

Should May Go Yes/No

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:07:37 Mobile | Show all posts
I can understand why she's wanted to be kept to kick off the negotiations, I just don't think it's the right choice myself.
Even before this election I was far from alone in knowing she was not up to the job, weak in almost every area we need a PM to be strong in. The election itself was completely unnecessary and has further weakened her poor position.
Now is the exact time to stop her from further damaging this country. Any alternative is better than letting her continue to do what she has consistently done, whether selfishly or, more likely, because she is so far out of her depth.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 03:07:38 Mobile | Show all posts
I genuinely believe it was pretty much as simple as that.(well nearly)
She had a majority, and I don't think it mattered to Junkers etc how big it was.
I think she saw an opportunity with, what appeared to be an unelectable Labour Party, coupled with the fact that she was clearly frustrated at being tied to Cameron's manifesto, and she felt she could set her own manifesto and not fail to get a bigger majority.

If we're honest I think we all felt she would stroll it but we live in strange, unpredictable times.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 03:07:39 Mobile | Show all posts
I know it would be very difficult to get a consensus but - I still think the ideal position in the Brexit negotiations would be if there be a bipartisan committee set up to represent the UK.

This has happened with other huge events that the country has faced.
That would have be the strongest position to face the EU with.
Also - It would render it irrelevant which Party was in power or with how big a majority.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:07:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Spot on.

It's all to do with her and her ego, or rather her lack of.

I think the barbs about her being 'unelected', having no mandate for brexit etc etc actually got to her. She had what she (&you, me, everybody) thought was a zero risk gamble with a chance to shut her detractors up for the next 5 years. There's not many of us with the balls to turn down an opportunity like that when it presents itself.

I think her mistake (or that of her advisers,colleagues whoever) was over confidence, they thought they had it in the bag so they filled the manifesto with policies that might have been awkward to introduce if they were brought in later on.

How could a Tory MP ever vote against a policy that's in the election manifesto that secured a 100  majority?

If she had a thicker skin or some natural swagger she wouldn't have needed validation in the first place and we wouldn't have had this election.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:07:40 Mobile | Show all posts
I've decided, on reflection, to vote for Theresa to stay - to give her another chance.

Risky, but the alternatives (like Boris) are even more risky.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:07:41 Mobile | Show all posts
She should have called for an election straight after Labour leader decision, instead was happy to play around in party politics over Brexit and as Labour realigned it's self with its natural ground.  And some think Cameron was bad.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:07:42 Mobile | Show all posts
Mrs Mays problem is she has zero charisma outside of the confines of parliament, the manifesto, well, it was baffling, it just left her open to needless attack. Attempting to connect with the electorate after the manifesto arrived was impossible, terrible policies, why not highlight house building or defence, they just became embroiled in a moral dilemma re the dementia tax..

Anyway, once back in her normal everyday environment she sounded authoritative again, but this election has revealed a soft under belly and a real lack of communication, connection and  real issues in relating to the electorate.. They just need to focus on Brexit now and forget all this nonsense..

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:07:43 Mobile | Show all posts
She goes especially willing to get onto bed with the DUP with their paramilitary connections and backward beliefs
Tories are going to be tarnished with that for a very long time

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:07:44 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm not a May supporter, but we don't really know what had been happening behind closed doors.
I think for any MP who gets voted in because a leader steps down in the middle of power, doesn't get that full leadership support. It takes a while for them to accept it and get behind their leader.
And the opposite way, a person needs to grow into that leadership position, and there are problems of they don't meet expectations.

Both parties have infighting over Brexit, it's more visible for the opposition party, but hidden for the electorate for the party on power who has to deliver.

I guess we have to wait a few days before we see what the feeling and decisions are behind closed doors.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:07:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Oh dear, the only ones I've seen demanding May should go are those in the other parties, and the Tories who are staunch remainers.. sticking the knifes in as much as possible this morning.

We should remain in the single market and remain a member of the customs union.. yeah so remaining members of the EU then., God these people are thick if they believe we can't see that!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部