Loft insulation scam?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:44:32 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi there, hoping to get some advice.
I had a phone call saying it was an environmental officer and that my old loft insulation is being recalled due to something wrong with the fibre glass causing an issue with condensation. They said they would need to come and do a survey to see if mine is one of the faulty ones. In fairness I have had issues with mould in my upstairs bedrooms so I agreed and they are coming round today at 4pm.
When I told my daughter about them coming round she insisted it was a scam and that I should not have agreed to the appointment. I dont see why this would be a scam, but she got this webpage up for me and its the number I rang with comments saying its a scam. She doesnt even think they will turn up, she thinks it was just to get my information but I did not make any payment so dont see any harm done?
Any thoughts? Do I need to be worried and if they do turn up should I let them in?

Thank you in advance

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:44:33 Mobile | Show all posts
How would they know what insulation you currently have?

It does sound rather dodgy to me.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:44:34 Mobile | Show all posts
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Homeowners warned over scam calls about loft insulation                                                                                                        People on The Lizard have already been targeted                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.cornwalllive.com                                                                               
If you are not sure, especially if people that care about you tell you to steer clear, then DON'T LET ANY STRANGER IN YOUR HOME

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 03:44:34 Mobile | Show all posts
Oh gosh, okay, did not realise others have been scammed. I didnt understand why they would use loft insulation to scam you, but that makes sense if they are making people think it is compulsory and charging so much for it
I assumed they knew what loft insulation I had because this house was previously owned by the council before i bought it and it already had the insulation in.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部