Looking to replace wired thermostat with Hive

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:57:20 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi everyone,

Im looking at getting my old central heating system replaced soon. It has a wired dial type thermostat in the hallway. The actual boiler is located in an extension on the side of the house and this is where the new boiler will also go.  I am looking at getting one of those HIVE wireless thermostat/programmer controls fitted to the new boiler.  Wireless signals do not pas through the thick outside walls to the extension.  
Therefore, i am wondering how i should position the HIVE system?  Is it possible to have the receiver part of the HIVE wired to the existing hallway location and then have the wireless programmer positioned elsewhere in the house? or does the receiver have to be positioned clsoe to the actual boiler which will likely result in the programmer not being able to communicate with the receiver.

Hope the question makes sense - thank you in advance

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:57:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Do you need to worry about it? Maybe let the British Gas engineer who comes to fit Hive worry about it. I ordered Hive on an Amazon sale and the guy just came and did it. A few weeks later I received a booster plug because apparently our hallway controller was losing connection to the boiler room unit.
I was blissfully unaware.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 03:57:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for the reply.  I was going to ask the boiler engineers (who are not British Gas) to fit the device when installing the new boiler...
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部