View: 349|Reply: 1

Voltage Optimisation with battery storage

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:58:37 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Having look into voltage optimization i realize that they offer little to no benefit when used by themselves, but is their any benefit when used with solar power with battery storage? Would it extend my battery out put length of time before they are drained?

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:58:38 Mobile | Show all posts
TBH i can't think it can, and won't loer your bills.

Some years back i was approached with a franchise offer, for electronic kit that reduced energy needed when electric motors were idling, say on a production line belt.

It did this by sensing what the motor load is needed or did not, at any given time and shortenned the full AC sign wave by 'clipping' it so motor maintained speed but reduced the power supplied as required and also reduced heat.

Empty belt gets a package dropped on it the motor is already up to spreed, which shortens greatly the enertia period against starting the belt from stop.

This benifit was to the motor and prolonged the life, you could also use cheaper less heavily built motors, obviously making a 'grey' maintenance saving, but due to the British way of charging in kilowatts, not current used, it has no impact on the power bill, although it actually saves the energy company on their running costs.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部