Author: johntheexpat

The Adverse Weather thread.

[Copy link]
 Author| 26-11-2019 04:02:34 Mobile | Show all posts
A record breaking 26.6C in Frejus (should be with an e acute, but don't know how) in the Var today.  All along the Mediterranean coast they are basking in the unseasonally warm weather.  I was working in a t-shirt for some of the afternoon (that bit where the Sun briefly came out and the wind dropped).
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 04:02:34 Mobile | Show all posts
We all know about the typhoon that hit the Phillipinesrecently.  I haven't seen a definitive conlusion about how strong it was on the scale of things.

But more in line with this thread, several ski resorts in the Alps have opened slopes several weeks early due to an abundance of snow.

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 04:02:35 Mobile | Show all posts
So, the US.  A winter storm is causing chaos in Vermont, freezing cold and several deaths.  Indianna isn't freezing, but has serious floods.  Philadelphia and New York are unseasonally warm, with a record breaking 22C recorded in Central Park.

Presumably, if you take the average temperature across the NE of the US it will come out at normal for the season?

Use magic Report

Use magic Report

A record broken in Biarritz last night.  The temperature never dropped below 18.2C which is a record for a January night.

I'm glad I'm this side of the Atlantic !

Use magic Report

The numbers are in for the first half of January, in France.  Overall a toasty 3.8 C above average over the 15 days.  Lyon was 5.6C above the seasonal norm and Orleans was 4.6 C above.  All those numbers are records.   Clermont Ferand was also 5.6 C above average, but the record there wasn't broken as the same period in 2007was marginally warmer.

The other thing I meant to quote was the differences in temperatures across the globe earlier this week.  Siberia was down to -50C and parts of Australia were up to 47C.  Normally when I  note the differences the places involved are the depths of the Antartic vs the Middle East.

Use magic Report

UK weather: wettest January since records began - Telegraph
Good thing the wettest January didn't collide with the coldest December.  The country would have become one big ski resort

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 04:02:36 Mobile | Show all posts
UK weather: wettest January since records began  (The headline)
Parts of southern England have seen the wettest January since records began in 1910, statistics from the Met Office show. (The first line of text)

Not London-centric at all.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:02:36 Mobile | Show all posts
At least we can rely on the Met Office to give us a decent forecast of what to expect.
or not... Met Office secret report told councils winter will be 'drier than normal' just before floods | Mail Online

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 04:02:36 Mobile | Show all posts
The warmest temperatures ever recorded in Siberia, 29C as opposed to a previous high of 26C at Oulan-Oude.  29C also recorded at Chita, nearby, where the previous highest recorded was27C.  A little concerning that the jump was so high!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部