View: 344|Reply: 3

Exploding Halogen Candle Bulb Warning

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 04:06:24 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Thought i'd pass this on, we have a five branch light in our 21 foot lounge, so i installed the above bulbs. Recently my Wife walked into the lounge, turning the light on one bulb exploded showering glass shards the legnth and breadth, and also hitting her.

That is scary enough but had my grandkits been in there i dread the consequences.

They were bought from a reputable wholesaler, not of any auction sites been replaced with alternative tech

Alan

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:06:25 Mobile | Show all posts

SNAP !

I had EXACTLY the same thing happen to me. About 2 or 3 years ago I fitted 5 x 45W Halogen "GE" Candle bulbs (bought from B&Q) to the central ceiling lamp in our living room. One of the bulbs exploded extremely violently sending glass splinters everywhere. This happened even though the individual lamps were mostly enclosed by glass globes. I hate to think what would have happened if this "protection" was not in place.

It took several days to recover all of the glass shards and splinters.

Graham.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 04:06:26 Mobile | Show all posts
We had 2 go, the one above and one that was in another light fitting that had a glass shade to capture the splinters. Trouble was you then had to renmove the shade to remove the splinters, not easy ti do.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:06:27 Mobile | Show all posts
We only had 1 bulb actually explode but we also had 3 others stop working after a few days and had to be replaced as well. In all we had 9 lamps, 5 in centre ceiling fitting and 4 in 2 wall fittings.

Like you, we also had to remove the glass globe to get at the glass that remained in the fitting. Not an easy job.

Graham.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部