View: 342|Reply: 2

12v or 24v off grid systems?

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 04:07:56 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Has anyone got any experience of light usage off grid systems?

My plan is the following, but i have a few questions about the best way of doing it.

3 x 130 a/hr lesiure batteries, wired in parralell giving 390 a/hrs @12v.

To charge these i'm thinking 3x100w solar panels and possibily a 300w wind turbine if needs be.

This then into a 1500w 12-230v inverter to run the static. The main of the draw will be an energy efficient fridge. Theres a maccerator on the toilet, I'm planning on using a 12v on demand water pump, I'll use all LED bulbs and other then that it might need to run a radio and charge a laptop/phone and thats about it.

It's not going to be lived in but the fridge will need to be on 24/7 and we will be staying over on nice weekends and freinds and family might stay over for a long weekend.

Now i understand that a 24v system halves the current drawn thus leads to less losses but i plan on instaloling everything in the same cubaord in the staic so theres going to be next to no run from the batteries to the inverter. Is there going to be much of a benefit to 24v over 12v in my circumstance?

I'm not experienced in these things at all but have just been reasearching a fair bit.

If anyone hjas any pointers or can offer any help that would be great.

Cheers

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 04:07:57 Mobile | Show all posts
3 x 130 a/hr batteries will give about 4.7 KWh.
3 x 100W panels at max efficiency for 4 hrs will give 1.2 KWh   and the wind turbine running at full blast for 4 hrs per day will give you the same.

How much power will your fridge use?

If you are there for a weekend (Fri night, Sat and most of Sunday) you will at most have access to 4.7 KWh plus if its sunny 2.4 KWh generated on the Sat and whatever is generated on the Sunday before you leave.  If we say 7 KWh max to allow for cloud or no wind.

Do you think you can live there for a weekend using only 7KWh?  (I have assumed that sunny will mean not a lot of wind, which it mostly does)
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 04:07:58 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm not really worried about capacity as the batteries will more then cover our usage and have plenty time for the panels/turbine to them up and generate plenty to keep the fridge usage covered.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部