12345Next
Back New
Author: The Dark Horse

Has anyone had solar panels fitted?

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 04:20:12 Mobile | Show all posts
I would imagine it is restricted to a certain distance above the apex of the roof or chimney pot, otherwise as you quite rightly pointed out airlines would be paying a fortune out, as well as companies that own satellites etc.

but whether that "Air space" only extends to the walls of the house or to the actual boundary's would be an interesting one to know, could then maybe charge BT for crossing my boundary line with their cable when i don't use their services at all.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 04:20:12 Mobile | Show all posts
It's normally written that the freeholder owns the land, buildings, and sufficient airspace to use and enjoy the property.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 04:20:13 Mobile | Show all posts
I had a quote for it, but felt that the creation of barely 15% of our consumption for a return of investment that would break even in 17 years time, is not really worth it to me.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:20:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Don't worry,   I didn't feel got at.

It was about 20 pages

To be fair, there was as much in it protecting our interests as there was protecting there's .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:20:15 Mobile | Show all posts
If you have damage to the roof (say a leak, or lightening strike), with no damage to the panels, does it say how quickly they must come round to remove them?  I am thinking what if you need them off ASAP and need to repair the roof.  If you cant wait for them to call round and you remove them are you in breach of contract?  Also I like the bit that when they are off the roof they still get paid; no doubt you write out a cheque to them but how do they calculate the loss of earnings?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:20:16 Mobile | Show all posts
More to the point is WHY is it being reduced? Is this the start of a slippery slope?

The other thing that puts me off investing in this is that there is NO guarantee that the income generated will ALWAYS be tax free.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 04:20:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Well indeed, the sales guy said it is a government contract you get they cannot break that. I queried how the Government then was able to break the pension arrangement contracts if Government contracts are so good.

Other than a promise I think there is a risk that you won't get the feeding tariff for the 25 years, considering in my case payback of a relative small amount of money is not to be expected until 17 years later, and then the return for the remaining 8 years all depends on how energy prices are then and even so it is a very long time for little financial gain.

I must admit that the renewable argument sticks more with me than a financial one. Other people may be in a different situations.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:20:17 Mobile | Show all posts
If big financial institutions and experts are putting money down to get only the feedback tariff (i.e. let you have the electric as free install), I cannot see it being a bad or over risky investment for private individual if the money is available (unless already in old age to get the full 25 years, etc etc).

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 04:20:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Fair point, I guess it is an individual situation as well. I bet they don't pay nearly as much for install/equipment as consumer do as a starter. Also they don't provide it to everyone for free so they must have some other criteria.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:20:19 Mobile | Show all posts
I think they want to try and guarantee their maximum feedback each year from each installation. So they monitor them all and if yours steps performing to spec they send a maintenance crew round. Minimum criteria probably covers getting maximum performance from them, I don't know whether access may also feature?

Sainte this covers your question too,  they know how much all the other installations in your area are generating so can calculate lost income from that.

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部