View: 453|Reply: 3

Joining a gym

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 04:56:45 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all

Im 46, 6ft tall, 16st 2lbs. Im thinking of joining a gym to lose a bit of weight(beer belly) and generally get fitter. My problem is i can be lazy and was looking for advice to get into the gym thing.

Any ideas?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:56:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Martin, I'm not that far behind you age wise and I joined a gym few months back after a very long break. I love it. I feel so much better physically and mentally. Unfortunately the motivation is something you will have to deal with yourself, but once you start seeing and feeling progress it should drive you. I like to watch some training videos on the training day to keep my motivation up. If you have a training partner, that can help. If not (I train on my own) I put on some heavy music and just keep going. Also trying to keep it simple and not to dwell on it for to long. When it's a training day, it's a training day and that's it. There is no alternative. Once you get into the routine it is much easier. The first couple of workouts were quite difficult. I felt out of place and a bit lost, but give it some time, combine that with healthy food and you should fall in love with the process. Once I get inside the gym, I'm obsessed. I train harder than many 20 something year olds. I love it
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 04:56:47 Mobile | Show all posts
you need a routine you can sustain long term, and this includes the time do it, it works for me to go after work as I'm able to do this week in, week out... do you have a spare 90 minutes 4 times of week at the same aprox. time?

of course you have, there lies the other issue - people who say they haven't got time, of course they do, you have to make time for it...

and as Adrian alluded to - enjoy it, as if you don't then you won't push yourself...

record your progress, as you may think you're not getting any better - but over the course of weeks / months you'll see you're squatting xkg more, running faster by x minutes etc...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:56:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Well, you can try my neighbor technique it was silly but works. He put off his shirt in front of mirror and says to himself self "do you really want this body, this chubby waist, and ugly belly. Do you?"

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部