Author: =adrian=

Weight lifting / body building

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:57:03 Mobile | Show all posts
save yourself some pound coins and look in the mirror instead.
people get far too hung up on weight and bf%.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:57:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Sadly the only machines that accurately measure body fat is the dex, they are about £50 a go the last I read. To put things in to perspective a little here for your.

At best on a really strict clean diet and good exercise the most bf you could hope to loose in a month is 1-3% depending on  your level of commitment.

It's impossible that you could gain 2? in 1 week, there are alot of variables that could throw a cheap machine off, clothes, the time of day, food you have eaten in the last 24 hours etc.

Pro body  builders go on cuts for roughly 3-4 months to loose perhaps 5-6% bf, but a proper cut is tough and there countless hours spent hungry, it's not a pleasant experience to say the least.

Hope this helps

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 04:57:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you both.

Just to clarify, I'm not interested in numbers as much is in trends. So for example, I'm interested to see a continued drop in BF. The number itself is meaningless. Same with weight. I'm not interested in losing weight at all. In fact, the ideal scenario to me would be losing BF and gaining weight. Hard to achieve I know, but that's the goal. Failing that, losing BF and keeping the same weight would be great too. That's the only reason for me to checking weight and BF.

I know the accuracy of that machine might not be great, but I plan to keep doing it in regular intervals for a while to see what is the trend. Same day, same time, same circumstances. I don't have access to more reliable BF measuring device, so that is what I have to keep using for the time being.

As mentioned I have started counting calories now as well, but even that is not perfect as a lot of it are just estimates. Again, this is just to see the trend. I have no plans on competing anyway, far too old for that and all of that is just for my own enjoyment and to keep fun. I know that I can stay much more motivated if I have set goals for myself, short term goals and also (more importantly) long term goals. So this is just all part of keeping myself occupied and motivated

I have settled down on 2500-3000cal diet at the moment to see what the trend is. 2500-2700 on an off day, 2700-3000 on a training day. Again, rough estimates as I don't live in a perfect world. I have a family and two jobs.

BTW, this is the machine in question. The name is Davi Vendy

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:57:05 Mobile | Show all posts
At the end of the day if you want lower body fat and you are consistent with your training just try and eat better, the addage that abs are built in the kitchen unfortunately is true.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 04:57:06 Mobile | Show all posts
Yup, doing that. Lots of veggies, rice and chicken is my base meal. All home cooked. No junk food, no takeaways, no alcohol (haven't drunk a drop in 4 months), don't smoke, lots of protein (around 200g per day), fruits daily, etc. Consistence with the diet and training. Feeling lighter around the belly already. Training consistently heavy. Short rest periods. Sweating lots. No missed a single workout yet.

I wish I could train one more day per week though. As it is I train 3 times per week (spilt body) around 90 min each time, but I recover quite quickly and have a feeling I could get away with hitting the same muscle group twice per week instead of just once. Unfortunately life doesn't allow it at the moment. Anyway, I am quite happy with the progress even as it is.

Not going for any PRs, not really interested in that, but already hitting quite heavy weights. Considering that it has only been a few months since my return, the strength went up massively since then. I'm very surprised. Just Thursday squatted 130kg 8 reps. It did not felt very heavy too, I always had big strong legs, but I am wary about the knees, getting old (bought knee support so wanted to try it out). Usually I squat with 110kg 10 reps and a few series. I am very careful with deadlift though so I don't go heavy on that. Most I put on so far is 90kg, but I do deadlift at the end of my back workout just to kill it off, so I am pretty tired then. Another reason is, I don't have a belt yet. I don't want to go heavy with deadlift to protect my lower back. Flat bench 106kg 5 reps. Again, I don't go for PRs, so I usually work with 80-90kg sets of 8 reps. I actually do more of incline than flat chest. On all excercises I'm really careful about the form. Going slow on the way down and faster on way up. Full reps, no cheating. Lots of drop sets. Working hard on my mind muscle connection.

I can't wait for tomorrow. I bought elbow supports as well, so will try them on tomorrow for first time. Tomorrow chest. Cannot wait. Feeling good

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 04:57:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Apparently

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 04:57:08 Mobile | Show all posts
This was fish, but replace that with chicken breast and you have my typical main meal of the day now that I went on mini diet

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 04:57:08 Mobile | Show all posts
I've always been a strict ectomorph all my life and underweight, but then in recent years people were denouncing the fact these body types even existed citing that ectomorphs simply didn't eat enough (cause or correlation?) - I know I didn't eat enough when I was younger but that various factors like being skint and being active at the same time etc..

I'm not sure what the craic is tho, I just know that I eat a lot more now and a healthy weight (unless you look at a BMI chart..)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:57:09 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah I'm not convinced about different body types either, we know that there are bigger boned people so obviously the skeletol frame plays apart here, but some people like running, some can't stand running or any cardio and are happy to lift weights throughout life so remain bigger that way, but if you asked that same person who had been a heavy lifter all their life to become a runner then their full body composition would change in a couple of years then how would they be catergorized?

Oh and please let's not get started on the BMI chart, I read somewhere that this is going to be revised somewhere in the very near future and so it should. It's unbelievable that some people still use this to determine if they are healthy and fit.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:57:10 Mobile | Show all posts
Agree totally BMI is ridiculous.

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New