Author: swiftpete

How much can you guys squat?

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 05:00:44 Mobile | Show all posts
Overhead squats = Pain lol.

To cause the most grevious amount of soulful agony, you should try supersetting squats with pullovers. I used to do 20x140KG squats supersetted with 20 pullovers (35-40KG? Can't remember).

At the end of it I was a sweaty puddle, on the verge of physical sickness. But insane strength and fitness was what I was after. It's only been (around a year?) since I've not been into weight lifting. I did look massive though, compared to now.

I think I went back to the gym for 3-4 months last October/November, and then things just got busy for me... I really should squeeze the gym in, but my job means that I can never have a consistent routine (I travel a lot). I just have to do weights where and when I can. But my back is still niggling, it's brutal. I really should get some more physio (it's all paid for by my work), alas, actually finding time to get the appointment is rubbish. I had to reschedule some cosmetic dental treatment twice because of my job.

When life gets in the way of getting massive, it sucks! On another negative side, my thighs are most definitely shrinking. I can now get 36" inch jeans on!

Before I'd struggle to get my legs into 38" straight-leg jeans. Even today, I have a pair of 38" shorts, which have a little bit of give around the waist, but they can be skin-tight around the thighs

My old 40" jeans are getting baggy around the legs too. My calves have also shrunk away - Along with the forearms and traps.

It's painful to think about. All of that hard work just wasted away. Crazy.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

pic of you in your biggest days?

edit: no homo

Use magic Report

My profile pic on here is me in my 'bigger' days

I actually can't find one normal photo of me on Facebook... I really should have kept a photo diary of my progress!

Here's one of a severely hungover me, rocking a large generic tshirt from Burtons and 40" jeans!

I've always been brutally disappointed with my traps. I've tried, 'Operation phase out neck' several times, but my traps just seem to grow out the back, rather than up the neck. They only get marginally 'taller' but they get a lot thicker.

I was even doing sumo-deadlifts to try and give myself better traps.

My shoulders aren't as thick as that anymore! They look scrawny in comparison. Was using strongman logs to do shoulder press & push press. They're great for building strength, especially when doing clean and jerks.

I think my maximum push press was about 130-140KG? Only managed a few of those before I was blowing out of my arse. My bench was a consistent 120KG to boot.  Managed to blast out 140KG for a 1RM.

I didn't need complete upper body strength, since most of the work was done on my legs while playing rugby. I think my weight contributed to the fact I could 'BOOM' through people! I was less about hand offs and more about the 'trucking'

I did stiff-arm quite a few boys, especially when running up the wings or through the middle. That's always a good laugh.

I remember in one game, for a bit of a laugh, the coach stuck me on the wing... Now, I think I was just a touch under 16st then... And my opposing winger was a thin lad, probably around 12 stone. I boomed him off me so much, that he had to swap places with the centre.

I got a bit carried away that day, and I boomed my own full-back out the way to catch a clearing kick. Then I ran from my 22 all the way up to their 5. Knocking 4 boys out my way and the only way they got me down was when I had 3 lads hanging off me and then one eventually high-tackled me from behind - While trying to rip my jaw off!!

The referee let it slide.. Which I wasn't too happy about. But after we got the try, the boys came over and started cheering me, saying that was the best show of insanity they've ever seen!

They were calling me Jambo Lomu from then on in!

I do miss rugby. I can't commit to the game anymore. I can maybe make training some days, but I can't be consistent at the weekends, because I usually work them. So I can never say, "Stick me on the team sheet." because if I have to bail, for work, they'll eventually get ****** off at me.

Use magic Report

jesus - this 14 year old girl is very comfortably squatting 120kg, no effort at all! (click on the video on the left hand side, about half way in)

BBC Sport - Teenage weightlifter Tiler could be a Glasgow medal prospect

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:00:44 Mobile | Show all posts
Crazy strength for a girl. When she was talking to camera I couldn't help think that she looked like a boy in a wig though.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:00:45 Mobile | Show all posts
right, got home gym sorted apart from a power tower, have to get me one of those.

anyway, did squats 2 days a ago, first time in 2 years.

was only 60kg (I weigh 73kg), but I went down quite low.  Now I can barely walk up stairs and its been 2 days.  even walking quick hurts, raising the thigh bloody hurts

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:00:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Won't take you long to get used to them. To be honest I barely feel them the next day anymore and when I started I was the same, my legs were crippled for days.

There's a lad in my gym that squats 4 plates. I keep meaning to get a video as he can only really squat 2, he just does these crazy little 1/4 squats with 4 plates and shouts his mouth off so everyone looks at him to admire his non existent strength. Total Wally.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:00:46 Mobile | Show all posts
My knees have started to click the last few weeks whilst squatting. No pain just an annoying sound.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:00:46 Mobile | Show all posts
my knees starting clicking a few years ago (well, my right knee) - as I work on the 3rd floor and always walk up the stairs...

a matre reckons it's the cartlidge(sic) as it happened to another mate of his - he got it shaved off a bit...but eventually had to get it removed and had to stop playing football...
not sure what the score is with mine tho - but there's no pain or anything...I'm 43...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:00:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Well my knees have always been noisy since I was a kid. It put me off squatting for years as I thought they'd collapse but now I squat they haven't got any better but they haven't got any worse either.
If they get bad I'll get a new pair put in but hopefully that won't be for a while if at all.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部