Author: TaurusDevil

Weightloss Help.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:08:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Okay. Losing weight is easy in theory. In practice it requires dedication and commitment  This is not only to lose weight but to keep it off
Here's the simple part  Work out your rda and eat less than that. The less you eat relative to your rda the more you lose.
Exercise is important but won't really help you lose weight unless you do it fanatically
Remember muscle weighs more than fat
Walking is great for cardiovascular things but it won't help you lose weight
Eat less. You will feel hunger your body will adapt and your hunger pangs will reduce accordingly
To prevent pangs and the physical ability to eat  then eat bulking foods and drink plenty of water
Apples are brilliant bulking foods. Yes bananas are good but not for bulking.
Potatoes are excellent bulkers. Forget the carbs in them as the bulking benefits with outweigh  (sorry) the carb intake.
Avoid all nuts. Cut down as much as you can on bread.
So.eat as little as you are able a. D can function on. Slowly reduce more and more as your body adapts
Drink plenty of water and eat bulking foods.
Be single minded.
Once your body and mind adapts then everything falls into place
You can only effectively lose weight and keep it off it you really want to do it  A doctor telling you to lose weight isn't enough
You have to want it
If you want it you'll do it
So do it and good luck  And oh yes I've done it.
A word of warning. Losing weight is addictive  Be careful not to get hooked on it. Know when to stop.
I agree that bmi is tosh  It's irrelevant
I would also recommend that you ditch the scales. You don't need them. Learn to use your judgement  When your trousers fall down in town then you know your diet is working.
Labels are important to a point but they don't really help you to trust yourself.
Over time you learn to trust yourself. Getting weighed and obsessively reading labels inhibit that process  
You goal is not only to lose weight but to be comfortable with yourself and your body image.
I really don't think that getting weighed every week etc helps that.
I know doctors are obsessed with it  That's for them to deal with.
Easiest way to judge is your belt  your energy levels and personal self respect. Your belt gets bigger and your waistline goes down. Energy levels increase and self respect and esteem goes off the scale. That's when you know you are winning.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:08:55 Mobile | Show all posts
For weightloss, 80% is the nutrition and of course combined with exercise. I don't believe in strict diets, just cut out any sodas, bread and sweets. Or at least reduce it as much as you can and then cut it out. This will make a huge difference in your weight.

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:08:56 Mobile | Show all posts
I weighed myself yesterday, I'm 91KG (14.33 stone), and having spoken to my GP today, he said the last time he has on my records that I was weighed, two years ago, I was 98kg. So I've lost just over a stone

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:08:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Have a look at DDP Yoga if you want something that you can do in the comfort of your own home.
I'm 6' 2" and did weigh 15 1/2 stone when I started a year and a half ago.
I've been doing a minimum 4 days a week of it since then and have nicely leveled out at 12 1/2 stone and I seem to be maintaining that.
Only days I don't do any are when my fatigue levels are too much (thanks MS ) or when I feel like I've done too much walking/DIY.
No major diet changes necessary for me although I don't really drink alcohol any more but never did that much anyway

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:08:56 Mobile | Show all posts
I went on the Body Composition Analyzer in my leisure centre today. I weigh 89.1kg, with 64.2kg muscle mass!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:08:56 Mobile | Show all posts
I hate to say it but those things are not very accurate, often completely inaccurate. sorry.

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:08:57 Mobile | Show all posts
So what is more accurate? The normal scales in the chemist??

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:08:57 Mobile | Show all posts
An MRI

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:08:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Sadly nothing much outside of a scientific laboratory. Even then the reading is always subject to error based on hydration level.

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部