Back New
Author: MrSossidge

Slow cooker recommendations

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 05:10:29 Mobile | Show all posts
I got an instant pot and have used it loads, just for stews and soups so far. Superb results. For Easter Sunday I tunnel boned a whole leg of lamb (to make it fit in) and it was melt in your mouth tender after just 35 mins. I couldn't believe it.

I have two young daughters and they both love chunky soups & stews. I hide loads of veg in them.  Things like onion & celery just melt into the broth/sauce. I have some great recipes for beef and chicken stews, minted lamb soup, cream of chicken and leak soup and even a steak burger soup which my daughter loves so much she takes it in a flask for her school dinner (it tastes much better than it sounds!).
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:10:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Thread revival!!!

I fancy some InstantPot (or similar) recipes for things that can be cooked in batches and frozen; does anyone have some decent suggestions please? Anything really - pasta sauces, chilli (no hotter than mild, but that's adjustable anyway), stews etc. I'm happy to go and research things myself, but the hive mind must Shirley already know!

Thank you!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:10:31 Mobile | Show all posts
I haven't delved into them yet but several instant pot recipe books are available for Kindle for 99p each if that helps.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=instant pot recipes

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:10:32 Mobile | Show all posts
A few recipes on this thread

Slow & Pressure Cookers users thread.

I make up as I go along any particular recipe you want yell and I’ll upload one.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:10:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Another vote here for the Instant Pot Duo. I wasn't originally very hyped about it since we bought something similar awhile back and there were reports they exploded and caused people to be burned. The thing wasn't very old when my wife insisted we throw it out when I had only used it once.

The Instant Pot Duo looked just like the other one to me. My wife seen a real deal on Amazon deals. A one day only deal where we got one for half price.

I have to say being the family cook I love it. It is a well made product with a long track record. A few of the stand out things about it I like are the delayed programming. I can set it to slow cook
and put a 5 hour delay on that. If we go away at 6am and don't return until 5-5:30pm this means the food doesn't over cook. It waits 5 hours and then cooks for 4 or 5 hours. I have pressure cooked corn on the cob and shrimp with old bay seasoning. I cook the precooked shrimp from frozen. You don't need much water and the cooking time is short.
For a product that's electronically controlled the controls on it are very intuitive. No complicated sub menus. Most will grok it fairly quickly. The only thing you can get wrong is to forget and leave the lid pressure release open in steam mode, or leave it closed when slow cooking.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部