Author: StLouis80

Huel - Anyone tried it?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:11:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Today is not a typical day. Had my breakfast huel at 4.30am as I had to be in work much earlier today. I had two large espresso shots in this one!

I'm getting a little peckish now, but then it is 5 hours after I had it.

My blood sugar is ok right now but I suspect I might have to eat a cereal bar before I get to 12 and having my lunch huel. It's pretty much spot on (6.1) but I think it will drop in the next 2 hours.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:11:34 Mobile | Show all posts
300 cals isn't a lot though when most people who want to lose weight / fat under estimate the amount of food they actually eat.  300 cals over 12 weeks would only give a deficit of 2,100 per week and 25,200 over the course of the 12 weeks which equates to about 7lbs maximum but it's not as though the previous cals suddenly won't count once you go into a deficit so it usually takes a few weeks before any real fat (not weight) is lost.  300 would work, but it would be a much slower process and take almost double to time.  #

Most people could easily shave 500cals off their daily intake if they made better simple food choices (less / no sugar in tea or coffee, porridge instead of cereal, no / low processed foods, skip a weekend on the booze, make a curry instead of take away, etc).

Anyway, my main point stands.  Better to get your nutrition from food than shakes.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:11:35 Mobile | Show all posts
Just had my huel lunch, after my huel breakfast for the 4th day this week.

I'm feeling ok with it. Not been getting especially hungry during the day.

My blood sugar has been excellent, despite cutting my insulin a lot. Typically take around 52 to 60 units (between two kinds of insulin) in the morning. Today took 32 units and my blood sugar before lunch was 5.7. That's a really really good level.

No particular drawbacks so far.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:11:36 Mobile | Show all posts
The 3500 calories to 1lb of fat thing is just that, a thing. It has no factual basis. Progress varies from person to person , they key is adherence the is key not how many calories you cut as long as you cut some.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:11:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Well, I didn't have a baseline of what I weighed last Sunday. My last weight I took was in September.

But I've just come through Xmas, and I have plantar fascitis which has severely restricted my activity.

I've lost 4 pounds since that September weight. Likely more as I've taken the belt off my jeans and you can see a difference in my face.

Now I've got a proper baseline it will be interesting to see what I lose by next Sunday.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:11:38 Mobile | Show all posts
I've completely changed my diet, as I was going to the gym, getting stronger, but not loosing much weight.

I've been eating as healthy as I can and trying to avoid snacks at work (it's very hard, when your office is a car and I stop at petrol stations throughout the day to use the loo)

I've been doing 15 to 20 minute HIIT workouts everyday with the Body Coach.
Today I had my 1st Huel shake to replace lunch. It was vanilla and very tasty indeed. I was feeling hungry about an hour ago and cooked a veggie chillie for me and the Mrs (she loves eating vegetarian and we've cut out meat a lot)

Will see how I go for the next 6 shifts at work! I've already lost a bit around the middle, but want to get rid of a lot more fat around the belly

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:11:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Ok, so the results are in.... Another 4lbs lost since last week.

That's with two days I broke the diet (team curry at work, celebratory meal out for wife's graduation).

I'm finding this pretty easy so far. Long may it continue!

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:11:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Good to see the changes but eating/drinking "huel" long term isn't really a sensible way forward.

I eat 3000 calories a day give or take and work hard at the gym 4 or 5 times a week and loose fat/gain muscle without ever changing weight (no need for me to lose weight) About 4 years ago I lost 4.5 stone with sensible eating, hard work at the gym/cycling etc without every needing to use "meal replacement" stuff.

Whilst it's doing what you want short term, surely the cost of it along with boredom of taking the stuff for months on end will set in, then what?

I would serious suggest changing your diet/food intake, rather than trying to replace it with Huel.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:11:41 Mobile | Show all posts
I'll continue as I am. Huel for breakfast is a no brainer.

I'm perfectly happy with it for lunch too while at work.

I'm varying between huel in the evening during the week and proper meals. If I ever get to the stage where I'm losing too much weight I'll do proper food every evening, and possibly lunch. But I can't really see that happening.

As huel is nutritionally complete, what's the issue with it anyway? I'm not missing out in any nutrients. Especially as I am having other food in the evenings too.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:11:42 Mobile | Show all posts
I have it every day for breakfast, have done for months. Sometimes mix with fruit or cocoa powder [emoji16]

Super easy and keeps the blood sugar stable. Love it.

Use magic Report

1234Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部