Author: True Romance

My first time gym adventures

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:12:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Well if it does, we are here to give you a boot up the butt! You are doing fantastic mate.
It took me years to get fat, took me longer than two weeks to lose it! (Still got half a stone or so to go).
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:12:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Well that's the end of my 3rd week at the gym. The classes are still hard going but do feel better for it just need to start building strength in my arms and legs. Didn't realise how weak I was/am

Lost 0.6kg last week which I'm happy with considering we went out to a Chinese buffet for mothers day so that totally blew my calorie count!

Even tempted to try and fit in a weekend class

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
nice read - if you get stuck for going to the gym i'd recommend this app - i had to spend a week away in a hotel (for work recently) and training really is important to me (sanity check required) so i used this in the week to save paying silly London gym money for a week only...

just to add - not my app (nor affiliated in any way) but just found it useful personally...

Home Workout - No Equipment - Android Apps on Google Play

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:12:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Don't usually end up in supermarkets but went in with the Mrs this afternoon. Thought it would be interesting to see what calories are in foods/snacks I'd  been eating using my fitness pal app. OMG can see how easy it is to put weight on. A bag of popcorn I usually have on a Sunday while watching films was 850 calories and I'd eat a bigger bag than the one I checked. Was getting some funny looks scanning numerous barcodes but can easily see now where I've been going wrong.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Nice, you'll find that most foods that are high in protein are generally low in calories, which kills two birds with one stone,they're also non addictive, unlike all the high calorie foods we all like

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:12:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Am just into my second month or so back in the gym after a 2 year hiatus and wow it is good - not sure I could ever go to any classes as I find the whole class thing awful.

Booked a session with a pt next week to learn free weights will see how that goes just been doing cardio and the fixed weight machines - I 'think' the free weights are better as you get more movement etc

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Wow I almost envy you, you've got so much great new stuff coming your way - is so exciting! I'm currently doing a 12 week bodyweight circuit training program, which along with a much better diet, I'm getting good results from but I can't wait to get back to the barbell.

Can't really do barbell after my circuit session as I'm normally too knackered!

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:12:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Now completed 4 weeks at the gym doing the Hiit classes 3 days a week. Still hard work and yesterday's class was by far the hardest yet. Usually do 6 stations but the trainer got us to complete 7. Sweat was pouring out of me! One exercise was crawling on all fours forwards and backwards. Did this the first week and it was impossible to complete without keep stopping for a rest. This time while still tough I managed to get through it without needing to stop before the time was up. Also now feeling muscles in my stomach that I've never had before (still hidden by fat ).  Starting to see and feel the difference. Also 1kg weight loss for last week. Not had any thoughts about not going to the gym and booked in for good Friday and Easter Monday. Surprising myself how much I'm enjoying it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I kaffled on my session to learn free weights (work commitments and other lame excuses!) although I have booked to do them again after easter!

Am oddly looking forward to it

Still not sure I could ever go to any classes of any sort I like to go in and do my own thing having a load of people round me and someone shouting instructions does not do it for me in any way.

Watched a spin class and think I would rather slit my wrists....

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:12:37 Mobile | Show all posts
From the classes I've done so far it's been a good mix of abilities and ages so you don't feel singled out. Instructors are good, pushing you without being forceful. I like the group classes which gives you to motivation to see it through.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部