View: 300|Reply: 2

Anyone had their Tonsils out at a later age?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:13:50 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hey all,

Previously I’ve had trouble with throat infections and in 2009 I had Quinsy which was pretty serious, had to get the main hospital to drain the back of my throat.

Now I’m 41 and decided to get them taken both out, which was just on Wednesday at a private hospital (Bupa). The doctor explained that the right tonsil still had puss in it which could have been lying there dormant for ages and loads of Tonsil stones.

It’s now Saturday and I’m in a lot of pain, has anyone got any top tips for trying to at least reduce the pain?

Feels like there’s something at the back of my throat all the time and I still haven’t looked at it in the morror, as I think it would put me off completely trying to eat due to the severity of what it looks like.

I’ve been eating toast which apparently helps with taking dead cells away from the cut outs and been eating soup and ice cream etc, also gargled last night with salty water.

I’ve been prescribed Paracetamol, antibiotics, 400mg strong Ibruprofen, Difflam Spray and Morphine. I’ve been told the pain is like a rollercoaster and it will again peak on day 3-5 which is why I’m not taking the Morphine just now.

God I was in so much pain last night! I was up at 4am and practically fell asleep sitting up in bed

Dear god the pain is bad!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:13:51 Mobile | Show all posts
One of my ex's had her's out at about 28 years of age.  Yep, painful and uncomfortable but she got over it in about a week or so. Had one night of lots of bleeding where it was like she was puking stringy, spongy clumps of blood.
Off to a&e where we were told that whilst it wasn't normal, it wasn't unexpected.

It certainly seemed very horrible so you have my sympathy.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:13:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks shodan

Yep been difficult today and been hard to eat properly, so have been using water to flush what I’m eating down my throat

Been told if I do have any bleeding to call immediately but only if it’s like a nose bleed.

Ach ill get over the pain haha
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部