Author: PSM1

Need to get fit - advice

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:23:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Most PTs are not qualified to train diabetics so be careful, it requires knowledge outside the scope of the general PT qualification. Please don't let a non qualified PT talk you into training with them if you decide to go the PT route.

Resistance training has been proven to increase insulin sensitivity so start lifting weights. Machine are fine so don't feel you need to go in the weights room if you don't want to.

As others have correctly stated diet is the key factor. Reducing carbs helps reduce your need for insulin, but carbs are not responsible for fat gain so you are most likely eating too many calories from fats. Use something like myfitnesspal to track everything you eat and drink, you will be amazed. After about a week you will have a good idea of what your average daily calorie consumption is. Reduce this by 2-300 calories and see how you get on. You may well find there are just a few calorie dense foods that are making the difference. Watch out for foods like cook-in sources that are designed to feed 4 people but you share it with 1 person! It's easily done.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:23:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Hey @Squiffy how are you getting on so far? Have you started your journey towards getting fit?

It might sound daft but you could use this thread as a helping hand. Possibly tracking progress with pics/questions/tips and again accountability towards the people who have offered advice and tips. I'm pretty sure along the route people who have already commented would continue to help with advice.

Hope things are falling into place for you!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:23:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Great idea!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:23:49 Mobile | Show all posts
Well....

Joined the gym last week. Have been three times.

I always start with a 1km rowing machine run to warm up.

First time I did 30 mins on the exercise bike.

Second time I did that plus leg curls, leg press and that thing that exercises your calf muscles. Each of them I did 3 x 12 reps.

Third time I did exercise bike plus most of the upper body machines.

I've installed myfitnesspal to track my food and exercise. Last couple of days I've had calories left over from my target (which is 1lb a week).

So ok I guess so far. Only downside is that I weighed myself at the gym yesterday and rather than 21st I was 22! Though that was with my gear on.

My target is 16st though I may revise that up if I start to put muscle on.

Plan going forward is to do upper body and lower body weight machines on alternate sessions. And to rotate my cardio between the bike, treadmill and steps.

I start a new job in London tomorrow so not 100% sure of when to fit in my sessions yet but will be aiming to go at least three times a week.

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部