View: 358|Reply: 4

Newbie Needs Help & Advice On Protein Powders!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:25:24 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi All,

I am totally clueless about Protein products as there are so many out there & even within competing companies, there seems to be so many variations of Protein powders that it has me quite confused as to what each is best for.

I have been watching a number of videos on YouTube where folks in the US are making very low carb Waffles (check out: 1 carb waffles there) with Protein powders but with US Brands that may not be available here. I know companies like MyProtein UK & PHD Nutrition seem very well regarded so I am drawn to them with so many variations/products of protein powders, I do not know which to try out.

At the moment, I just want to try out making low carb waffles & pancakes so would appreciate if anyone can help me choose the best ones in terms of suitability, taste & cost effectiveness and of any best deals out there! It is a so confusing for newbies!

I have attached a couple of images to highlight just some of the many options out there - any from there which might be best?

Many Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:25:26 Mobile | Show all posts
There are loads and loads of different protein powders out there and each one has its followers.

I went with this one, based on reviews and decided on the mint chocolate for the flavour (it's really tasty)

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:25:26 Mobile | Show all posts

Also have this in the cupboard, which was given to me as a freebie by the Mrs. No idea if it's any good, the flavour definitely isn't as nice

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:25:27 Mobile | Show all posts
When I had them I just used to go for unflavoured bog standard stuff from myprotein. Don't bother with them any more now though. Just eat more food. Doesn't make me feel as bloated and crappy as I used to feel when I used to drink protein shakes.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:25:28 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi All,

Many thanks for the input! It is quite bewildering at the sheer amount of choice out there! I thought I would mimic some of the recipes some US folks used by using their choice of powders but have noticed that certain US brands are really quite expensive over here!

I am a diabetic so was looking at the idea of making low carb waffles & pancakes etc as I ahem not and anything like that for years & these 1 carb recipes seemed so appealing I thought I would try them out & see how things work out in the hope that I can have a treat now & again!

I think I will give the MyProtein powders a go for now as they seemed to be priced quite well & if it works out OK, may then take a risk on some of the more expensive ones!

Suave!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部