Author: Zincubus

Fasting

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:27:20 Mobile | Show all posts
As an AvF blogger and part time plumber?

...sent via tap talk from within my greenhouse habitation module.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:27:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Never said they were trying to eat healthily

It's just what they did .

The sugar and wheat addictions kicked in a few hundred years ago I presume

The fasting lets your body repair and rest each day for 12  hours ...  kinda daily detox or defrag .

Any carbs are burnt  in the first 4 to 8 hours as I recall then your ( well MY body ) burns any fat that's around for the rest of the time I spend fasting .

You guys know I'm not selling anything here !!
I'm just trying to share  some useful information I found out of necessity ...

I'm just the lucky 59 year old who regularly does 10 mile jogs ...

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:27:21 Mobile | Show all posts
The act of fasting does, in itself have many health benefits. It's not just the act of cutting out carbohydrates.

Depriving the body of food for a certain amount of time isn't just about depriving it of calories and thus losing weight.

The effects triggered by intermittent fasting go much deeper than just weight loss.

The effects include resistance to disease and cancer, more efficient cell repair and lots of other benefits.

This is a good place to start looking into it:

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2015/10/interested-fasting-health-get-facts-first/

I think there's a misconception here that fasting is just a 'diet' and another way of reducing calories and thus losing weight but it goes much deeper than that.

You can intermittently fast and still consume food that would be deemed unhealthy... but the fasting period negates many of the effects of the bad foods.

Yes, our ancestors didn't fast through choice but our bodies were designed to deal with this restriction of calorific intake.

Unfortunately, in the western world, we now have an abundance of food and our metabolisms aren't adept at dealing with this over abundance and the fact that powerful messages telling us to eat are constantly bombarding our senses. We are in a perpetual 'time of plenty' and our bodies consume constantly without ever having the opportunity to go through a natural period of 'famine.'

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:27:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Perfect !!

I wish I had your way with words

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:27:23 Mobile | Show all posts
Now if you  could do that for a week or so you'd be AMAZED how great you felt !!

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:27:24 Mobile | Show all posts
This is only partly true.

Of course natural sugars are better than refined and processed sugars.

However, the act of fasting IS having hugely beneficial effects on the OP's health... probably much more beneficial than the act of cutting out unhealthy carbs.

The whole philosophy regarding healthy eating is being turned on its head and calorie restriction is a finding that is part of that change in thinking.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:27:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Just enough to keep the doctor away

Like others have posted I don't have breakfast either. On the odd occasion I do have breakfast I don't have it 'til lunchtime.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:27:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Designed? Rather unfortunate choice of words.
But actually, I believe it is the opposite. Our bodies tell us when we are hungry. It is an inbuilt chemical reaction evolved over millennia. It is only the human brain that has (in some societies) trained ourselves some restraint or control.
Most animals will eat when hungry and stop when not. Many animals will just consume constantly where there is food.
The feeding of domestic animals at set times with controlled amounts is imposed on them by humans. That is a human trait.
I agree our ancestors may have had concentrated meal times with large intervals. But it was almost certainly a social influence rather than 'that's how our bodies work best'.

But each to their own.
You will find healthy people who fast and do exercise and can tell you how good fasting is.
And you will find plenty of other healthy people who don't fast and tell you likewise.

OP has tried it, it works for him. I may even give it a go.
But I really don't think you can base an argument of it being better than regular meal times through the day because some people in the past did it.

Off now to eat my lunch lying down. it's the best way, the Romans did it don't you know.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:27:26 Mobile | Show all posts
Well that was a disaster. Soup all down my shirt.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:27:27 Mobile | Show all posts
That's so true . I read about a scientific paper due for release soon that suggests that in twenty years time they will be be reading in disbelief of how people used to eat at breakfast time !!  Rather like we talk about the generations who smoked themselves to death .   ..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部