View: 545|Reply: 19

David Lloyd Gyms - How much, any good? New one opening in Rouken Glen, Glasgow

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:28:52 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Anybody on here thinking of joining? Opens on the 1st August. Interested to hear what prices people have received from them. They don't seem to have set prices as far as I can tell, and when I went into the reception the other day the member of staff I spoke to claims she didn't know how much a membership cost. I get that they want to sell one to you via their sales staff but you'd think they'd publish their membership packages online.

Got a tour this afternoon. Looks like a fantastic gym but fully expect it to cost over £50 a month. Used to be a member of Greens/Nuffield Health and they wanted about £55pm.

What are David Lloyd gyms like? I fancy relearning how to play tennis and possibly using their driving range and golf course if I'm in the mood. Seems they've spent a fair whack of money on this new gym on the south side of Glasgow.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:28:53 Mobile | Show all posts
We are members of David Lloyd (going there in a min) and I find it too be fantastic!
They are currently rebranding to reflect the family club ethos which suits us down to the ground.
Kids go to classes there for all different things, including the movie sessions, I use the massive gym, we all use the indoor pool, splash pool, outdoor pool, sun loungers, bar and restaurant etc etc.
It's like a mini holiday every time we go there!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:28:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah it certainly seems like they've spent money on equipment, facilities, etc. Been told to expect a monthly fee closer to £100. Steep. May take the 3 month membership and see how often I use the swimming, tennis, golf, etc.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Signed up and been going since the 2nd. So far so good. Still to take a class but the facilities are excellent. Going for some beginner's tennis lessons on Friday. Gym hasn't been as busy as I expected but they've implemented some kind of staggered intake, with people signing up after x date not being permitted entry until the 15th of this month.

Edit - Still think you should receive towels for free! How much do they charge in other DL clubs? Thinking about going swimming soon. May try the outdoor pool if the weather is decent.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:28:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi there,
Just been googling to see if I can find out the cost of the gym at Rouken Glen & found your post here. Have read that they don't do 3 month membership there? Can I ask how much your membership was?Love that there is an outdoor pool & thinking of joining off peak for myself & 12 yr old.
Drove by it again today, shall have to go in & enquire!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Hi Katarina.

I asked about 3 month memberships but they said they weren't doing them at Rouken Glen because it's a brand new gym. Didn't want to commit to yes or no about future plans for 3 month memberships either. But from reading about it seems like they introduce them under certain circumstances, i.e. falling sales, sales drives, etc.

My membership is an eye-watering £89 per month, and that gives me access to the rackets and clubs sports like tennis and golf. That gets me in from opening to close. Doesn't seem to be an off peak membership at Rouken Glen.

If you don't fancy golf and tennis you can get the membership below that for £79 per month. Still get access to classes, the gym, the swimming pools and the social events. You can pay in at the reception for tennis and golf with this membership. Think they cost about £10 each. My membership doesn't include the spas and saunas. That's £115 per month Edit - Probably going to go for this as I'll use the free pass you receive each month, plus I want to be able to use the big Jacuzzi.

I tried the outdoor pool this evening. Was good. Better than the indoor pool. Something about the hot water and the cool air, while the Glasgow rains batters off your coupon!

Loads of classes to try out, like spins (really high tech compared to other spins classes I've tried), Bodypump, yoga, etc.

It's definitely a family gym. Loads of kids running around and there's a soft play area. There's a small kids pool too.

If you call them or just pop in they'll arrange to show you round the gym at some point. Hope this helps.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:28:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you, that's incredibly helpful!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:28:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Just remembered that there's a class for kids between about 12-15. I saw them in the gym last night. Looked like fun actually (monkey bars, throwing kettle balls around, punching bag, rope swings, etc). So if your 12 year old wants to use the gym but doesn't want to go in alone then there's classes for that age group too.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:28:55 Mobile | Show all posts
At £50 a month I would jump at that !!
I am a David Lloyd member down in the south of England and I'm paying £88 a month.
It's good, after just having a £1.5,000.000 refit it better than good. You could if you wanted spend the whole day in there it's that nice but I think it's way over priced, for what I'm paying anyway.
£50 a month seems like a cracking deal.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:28:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Hey mate, I wish it was £50 a month! Before joining I'd guessed it would be between £50-75. It's actually £89 per month for me. It's actually worth it for me as I'm using the gym every day and using the classes too. Best gym I've used, and the staff at Rouken Glen are top class. They're always courteous and helpful. Glad I joined. Apparently there's a bit of waiting list now. I say apparently as I heard about it from another member rather than someone on the staff but I wouldn't be surprised as its quality will have spread by word of mouth since it opened on the 1st of August.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部